• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

science selective extra fibre

breeze

Mama Doe
is this a good food?my local one food was out of stock so got them some of these as heard somewhere its good.is it always £8 a bag though!

I have fed Science selective to my rabbits all their lives, and they are generally healthy (they do have some health problems but they are not connected to diet). I switched onto the 23% fibre SS and they still love it. Its relatively cheap (£3 for 1.5kg which lasts my 2 rabbits 2 months), rabbits usually love the taste of it and its a healthy food with good fibre content.

SS had a good reputation, and Spenser has been on it forabout a year now. He is not nearly as keen on it now that they have upped the fibre content, but the original variety isn't available in small bags so we are just having to make do. More fibre is better for rabbits, but I must admit I miss his obvious relish for the pellet bowl.

All of ours are on SS :) 3 are on the new high fiber one and the 3kg bag lasts us quite a while :) Poppy is the only one on the mature SS, she refused to try the new stuff :lol: Ideally we wanted her on the same as the others but hey ho :lol:

Our 3kg bag is still on offer at £5, but will only be £6.50 when it goes back up.
Poppy's food is only a 1.5kg bag and costs £7 lol. She has expensive taste to the others.. :lol:

TheRange currently sell the 3kg bag for £4.66 which is good value. Anything less than £2 per kg is cheap. £7 for a 3kg bag is pretty common though.

Back