• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rum and Raisin rebonding part 3. Success!!!! I am so happy!!!

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
Tonight I came up with a plan to let them share a crate but still have their own space to retreat to. I put the boxes in which they have been using as litter trays in which has split the crate into a few small areas. There was one very brief attempt by Rum to mount Raisin but this was over in seconds. Since then they have nibbled hay, eaten their tea, groomed themselves and, most importantly, groomed each other.:love:

As tempted as i am to oeave them this way tonight, i think the best thing will be to build the time like this every day till there isnt even a hint of humping at all.

Here they are, best pics i could while trying not to disturb them.

The boxes in the crate.

20120131_182450.jpg

The slightly happier couple.
20120131_183022.jpg

20120131_183006.jpg

And Rum from this morning.
20120131_121937.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, i am really pleased with their progress. I have split them up again now and will do the same for longer tomorrow. Rum spent her day sleeping behind the couch and Raisin was under my daughters bed. So basically opposite ends of the house.:lol:

aaah brilliant news...hope it continues to improve their relationship! such CUTE pics!:love::love::love::love:

:D:D:D:D

And i will let you into a secret. OH, official non bunny person of the house, had Raisin on his knee for a cuddle yesterday. First time he has ever done that!!! They are slowly knocking down his defences with their super-cute wee faces!

And i will let you into a secret. OH, official non bunny person of the house, had Raisin on his knee for a cuddle yesterday. First time he has ever done that!!! They are slowly knocking down his defences with their super-cute wee faces!
How lovely!

:thumb:

hehe awww who can resist them though :love:

Great news :love:

One thing though, and in no way am i questioning you, but asking a question...

Why wait until there is NO humping, as thats a perfectly normal part of hierarchial behaviour, so you may never get to a point where there is NO humping?

Gray, I totally understand your point. For these two it had become a habit due to the stresses of the journey. They had been happy with each other previously and when they are free ranging there is lots of interacting, grooming and snuggling but no humping. I therfore think, before i trust themtogether at night, they need to be able to share the space they will be in without going back to the habit they have learned. My hope is that if i give them plenty time in situations where they don't display this behaviour, eventually they will not do it at all.

When they were with Hugos There and Honeybunny they were fierce in their dominance of each other and it was constant to the point of not eating or resting. You can see why I am keen to ensure we avoid that at all costs.

Gray, I totally understand your point. For these two it had become a habit due to the stresses of the journey. They had been happy with each other previously and when they are free ranging there is lots of interacting, grooming and snuggling but no humping. I therfore think, before i trust themtogether at night, they need to be able to share the space they will be in without going back to the habit they have learned. My hope is that if i give them plenty time in situations where they don't display this behaviour, eventually they will not do it at all.

When they were with Hugos There and Honeybunny they were fierce in their dominance of each other and it was constant to the point of not eating or resting. You can see why I am keen to ensure we avoid that at all costs.

Fair enough, that makes sense to me :)

Hope they continue to get on as well at yours :love:

Back