• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lonely

Kev Mc

New Kit
Hi Folks,
can anyone advise on how you would know if your bunny is lonely or bored .. any help greatly appreciated, Rupert has been alone since we adopted him, he was bullied by his brothers and am now wondering if he is ok alone:wave:

Most rabbits prefer company, as they extremely social animals, however, admittedly, not everybun is possible to be bonded.

Signs of loneliness are many, but some obvious ones would be moping, lack of interest in surroundings, being quiet, being aggressive with surroundings.

Is Rupert a neutered boy?

Graham has mentioned most of the obvious signs. I have this as an on-going concerns about my boy, Spenser. There are logistical reasons why I haven't got him a friend yet, but Graham is absolutely right in saying most rabbits prefer company of their own kind.

Is Rupert better now? what did the vet say?

Some of the signs that could be taken as loneliness can also mean illness and feeling rough too, so do be aware of that as well.

Is Rupert better now? what did the vet say?

Some of the signs that could be taken as loneliness can also mean illness and feeling rough too, so do be aware of that as well.

Have i missed something Sky? *goes searching for other threads*

ETA: nm, i've read now - hope he's doing okay now.

Back