• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass

Hc1

Mama Doe
how do other outdoor bun owners manage to keep their grass decent and not worn down and muddy especially this time of year? thinking about putting down fast growing grass seed but not sure if its ok for buns. Anyone tried it? The biggest challenge would be keeping them off it long enough for it to grow.............

With extreme difficulty and not much success. Pea and Pod have a run of approximately 7ft x 25ft attached to their shed. It's fully turfed and underwired. During winter it gets very muddy and mossy and looks like it will never recover (especially if you have diggers like my two :roll:). But just when it looks its absolute worst at the end of February, Spring nudges it back into life and hey presto - it starts to grow again :D. I generally re-turf about every 3 years, unless Pea and Pod have had a particularly frantic digging session and there's more mud than grass :lol::lol:.

Spring/Summer :D

IMG_0545.jpg

starting to recover after winter and a bit of patching :lol:

100_0406.jpg

Last edited:
Your autumn/winter pic looks like my grass just now :lol: I always used to have 2 buns but this is my first full winter with 3 and I'm noticing the difference with the extra set of teeth! The annoying thing is I have long grass at the front but there is no fencing there :roll: I have never returfed, usually just put seed down when I can. Might look into it.

Back