• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mum has become obsessed with a rabbit

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
On Mondays she looks after my sisters niece and nephew. So her grandchildren. They went down to the pet shop today and she saw this Flemish giant that was a solid blue/grey colour. She is obsessed with her :roll: I told her if you go spending £80 on a rabbit that might not get along with Rosie we will be stuck having to find space for another 6ft cage for the one rabbit! Mum even rang up about her seeing if there was any interest and unfortunately not :( they said she might have to go back to the breeder if they can't sell her. Made me feel sad. I tried to convince mum to adopt a male rabbit from a rescue instead instead. But she is just in love with the pet shop one :roll: ahh dear

Really difficult :(

Some breeders cull returned rabbits too, but on the other hand if you buy this rabbit you're supporting the trade, plus, as you say, you may have nowhere to keep it. Not sure what to suggest; sorry. :(

Every bun deserves a happy life. But £80 we do not have and space we do not have. Ah dear :( Feel horrible letting her go back to the breeder. But what else is there to do...It is just an ongoing cycle

Back