• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Iam so annoyed

I was talking to someone in ict about Oscar and him being ill. She just said well you may as well have him put down! She then said she was getting a rabbit and guinea pig I'm spring who would be living together. Well that was it I started telling her about what they nee are completely different an how they shouldn't be kept together. She just said she always kept them together and fed the GP rabbit food and then said she just fed them anything and gave them hot cross bun once which they loved !!!!! I was gob smakked and still am I'm bringing her some leaflets tomorrow from rwaf and others

Hugs. xxx

Some people just don't 'get' rabbits at all. Good luck with your leaflet campaign. :thumb:

Sadly so many people have the attitude of 'I've done if before/seen it done before so it's acceptable' but in reality they have done no research on the subject and refuse to listen to help :(

However, I had a glimmer of hope the other day. I get the local 'cheapcycle' digest on my email and on it someone was looking for a small cheap or preferably free hutch to take on two rabbits from her friends litter. I know I shouldn't have as really it's none of my business but I sent her a polite email saying that bunnies cost a lot to run and they need more space (6ft hutch with attached run) or they can become destructive/agressive and said that a lot bunnies are given up to rescue within the first year of their life etc. Gave her a few links to RWA and RSPCA too. Expected her to email back to say :censored: off and mind your own business but I was very pleasantly surprised to recieve an email back saying thank you very much for the information I will look at the links :thumb: Hopefully she will either decide that bunnies aren't for her or decide to save and invest in decent housing for them :D

Well done for standing up for animal welfare:D I am always surprised at peoples ignorance and their utter resistance to learning something new. I hope you will manage to get through to her. But try to keep a thick skin for yourself too. (Easily said I know.)

so far i have chosen four leaflets form my leaflet collection :oops: to give to her i have:
RWAF a hutch is not enough
RWF bunny buddies
RWF guide to having your rabbit neutered
and the burgess excel guide to guinea pigs and chinchillas (to outline their diferences)

is their any more anyone can recommend that i can get offline to either email her or print off to give her ?

Back