• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheshirepet?

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
heard an awfull lot of good things about this branch and wondering if its worth swapping?
any experiences please?

Last edited:
theyre called cheshire pet, i have been told they're really good with small animals, i havent had issues with my vet's but i have heard horror stories:(
i havent had much luck with a few of the branches round here :s

Any one know where i can find the questionaire for vets?:oops:

I wouldn't really bother with the questionnaire in your position.

Molly Varga is the most highly qualified rabbit vet in the country who isn't an academic, aside from FHB. She also does the vet Q&As on the Supreme Petfoods page on Facebook if you want to look at her views on stuff. I think they link to a Tumblr for the full answers.

Have contemplated going there myself as the journey would be cheaper than my current vets - but quite a bit longer so haven't actually done it.
They are quite pricey as you might expect. About £25 each for the single jabs when I called them a couple of months back.

to be honest id rather pay the extra. wow i never realised Molly Varga was there!!

at most its 22min's away (the holmes chapel one) and the Sanbach one only 5 mins. im not going to turn down the chance to upgrade my vets.
thankyou Vita :love::thumb:

Holmes Chapel and Sandbach are names I know well. My aunt and uncle lived in Disley and my brother and family are in New Mills, both on the A6 about twenty mins from Buxton! Beware on our next visit south!

I just switched vets last week to Cheshire Pet, my current vet had fleeced me for £600 of tests and I was still left with a really sick rabbit who was rapidly deteriorating and no answer to what was wrong. I chose Cheshire Pet as I knew Molly when she was in Manchester. All I will say is go for it. The nurse who admitted my Flo had such a caring attitude and I left there feeling so comforted in their knowledge and care. I phoned every day and they always had time to talk about her and discuss her condition. They allowed me to go for visits and take her bonded partner to stay to try and enhance her recovery. Within 24 hours they had identified a problem by a simple test and got her eating and drinking and pooping and took her off her drip. Sadly it was too late to save her but I believe they tried ever so hard. All in all, for longer hospitalisation and more tests than the other vets they were still over £100 cheaper. I would easily recommend it to anybody who wanted the best care for their pet. I have transferred the other four buns there, half an hours drive away but better for my buns :)

Yup, Molly is at the Holmes Chapel branch. I was going to swap to there, but they didnt repspond to me email :oops: So I have moved to one in Congleton, however it is good to know they are there and local if I dont need anything routine!

im going to give them a bell i think!, i have 2 buns due spay/nueters this year, and id feel 100% better seeing someone who knows more on rabbits.
i also here they are really good with pigs and Hams!:love::love:

I have been referred there today - on my request. It is about 40mins from me; no idea when I am going to get there but I'll find the time somehow. I emailed Molly on Thurs eve (late) and got a reply on GOOD FRIDAY at 11am so that is very promising. she was very helpful too and I hope to go and see her in the next days. This is for violet with respiratory infection of some sort. she did mention they can Xray with a mild dose of valium as it's safer than full sedation in her case and my vet wouldn't do this, so I hope to have some answers soon. Will keep you updated on everything!

I have been referred there today - on my request. It is about 40mins from me; no idea when I am going to get there but I'll find the time somehow. I emailed Molly on Thurs eve (late) and got a reply on GOOD FRIDAY at 11am so that is very promising. she was very helpful too and I hope to go and see her in the next days. This is for violet with respiratory infection of some sort. she did mention they can Xray with a mild dose of valium as it's safer than full sedation in her case and my vet wouldn't do this, so I hope to have some answers soon. Will keep you updated on everything!

:thumb: Hope you get some more answers x

If you fancy popping round for a cuppa when your down this way give me a shout it will be great to have a bit of company :)

Molly is a fabulous vet! <3

I will let you know when appointment is&try&arrange it. Be nice to meet more bunny people. Are they any more expensive btw?

I will let you know when appointment is&try&arrange it. Be nice to meet more bunny people. Are they any more expensive btw?
not really i payed £59 for fearne's spay but i pay £58 at the other vet near me, and chesh pet supplied pain killers.
they also as she was already under checked her teeth and burred them down for us free :)

they go out their way to help.
:love:

By all mean PM me when you have an appointment im free all week have to pop out to the 18th and out on the 20th but generally im in around the house while OH is working :)
xxxx

Back