• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Depressed, Upset, Angry and

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
stupid for going into a branch of a large Pet Shop chain

Numerous baby Rabbits being 'herded' by a barking Border Collie whilst dogs owner and his brats looked on in 'amusement'

Store staff did NOTHING

On sale- 'treats' for Rabbits containing 'Egg, Milk and Dairy Derivatives'

My mood was not the best before I went in (to use a Voucher someone gave me) Now it is worse

Oh, tell me about it, I was in once and there was an old couple and their dog.... the dog climbed up and was wimpering to get at the baby bunnies, who were terrified, and the old man said to me 'oh she loves watching them' and I said 'well, they dont they're terrified for gods sake, take her away' and he just huffed and then said to his wife that some people were so rude, it was awful.
Complain tho, if its the main big pet warehouse, they have a fb page, i compained that one of their stores had no hay and looooooooads of pellets in their bunnies and there was loads of runny poops and it smelled really bad, and the bunnies looked so sad and poorly.... they had a word with that store, and now theres always loads of fresh hay and hardly any pellets :)

That's awful. :evil:

I avoid going into the local branch of the chain I suspect you mean, except in exceptional circumstances. Actually, I have to say that from my limited experience it is one of the better branches.

Oh god. I know how you feel. There was a baby rabbit in there who was four weeks old, in the adoption center. They said that she was having special care but could go to a good home. :?

Some pet shops encourage people to take dogs in the hope dog owners will spend more. I never allow my dogs to approach small animals in pet stores or at the vets, it is stressful enough for the poor animals without a big nose coming close to their cage.

I tend to avoid petshops selling pets as I don't want to support a shop which sells animals.

Back