• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any ideas please

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I have been approached by someone looking for advice on their bunny, but I have no idea what to suggest.

Bunny went in for a dental and since the GA has been unable to walk :? :( Had x-rays and no obvious injury and now eating well.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this??

Just wondered if it had had a stroke during the op, that would account for the variability in the limb function maybe.

I thought it was related to this thread too. I really hope this bunny can pull through.

I have no idea if it is the same person/bunny or not. I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread. I only know their "real" name not a user name and have no idea what the bunny is called:?

i saw this on your facebook page liz, i didn't reply incase you knew better, but first thing to my mind to was ec

i saw this on your facebook page liz, i didn't reply incase you knew better, but first thing to my mind to was ec

Thanks Lisa, I was thinking EC or something else neurological as spinal injury has been ruled out. The owner is taking his bunny to a new vet on Tuesday so hopefully they will be able to give some positive advice. Its the same vet Louise and Gus uses so it will get the best care there :D

I hate to give advice about such serious issues when I haven't seen the bunny in question:oops: I always prefer to find a decent vet instead!

Thanks Lisa, I was thinking EC or something else neurological as spinal injury has been ruled out. The owner is taking his bunny to a new vet on Tuesday so hopefully they will be able to give some positive advice. Its the same vet Louise and Gus uses so it will get the best care there :D

I hate to give advice about such serious issues when I haven't seen the bunny in question:oops: I always prefer to find a decent vet instead!

awww hopefully the recommended vet can find out what s causing the bunnies problems :wave:

Aw Liz, that is great news (I can't get onto FB in work to check). Have they confirmed what is was?

They think it is EC, she is having blood tests to confirm. She is on antibiotics and panacur for 52 days. Also it seems the initial spay operation was not done properly which is what has been causing the bloat and discomfort so sadly she may well need another op when she is better. Did you see that she had managed to move herself across her box over night? :D

They think it is EC, she is having blood tests to confirm. She is on antibiotics and panacur for 52 days. Also it seems the initial spay operation was not done properly which is what has been causing the bloat and discomfort so sadly she may well need another op when she is better. Did you see that she had managed to move herself across her box over night? :D

No, but that sounds promising.

You would have thought the other vets would have tested for EC. Could it have been the spay that brought it on?
I really hope this bunny can make a good recovery - really pulling at my heart strings.

Well done for finding the bunny savvy vet for him. :love:

He must be relieved today (to a certain extent).

Back