• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Bunnies (:

pink.falling.stars

Warren Scout
Im looking for a House Bunny :) thinking to get one about June time, just after when I've moved in with my boyfriend, in May :)
any suggests on the perfect House Bunny? baby Bunny or adult Bunny?

:)

Last edited:
any bun can be a great house bun given time :)

i have 2, bella (hare x english) and jasper (nethie x lionhead)

you will need to bun proof wires and anything you don't want to get chewed and also give in to the fact that your house will become the buns NOT yous :roll: :lol:

'my house mummeh!!! MY house!!!'

004-47.jpg

and also you run the risk of 'over buying toy disorder'

003-34.jpg

but with all that put aside, i couldnt imagine not having my guys in doors. they interact with you so much and really become a part of the household :D

016-14.jpg

xxx

any bun can be a great house bun given time :)

i have 2, bella (hare x english) and jasper (nethie x lionhead)

you will need to bun proof wires and anything you don't want to get chewed and also give in to the fact that your house will become the buns NOT yous :roll: :lol:

'my house mummeh!!! MY house!!!'

004-47.jpg

and also you run the risk of 'over buying toy disorder'

003-34.jpg

but with all that put aside, i couldnt imagine not having my guys in doors. they interact with you so much and really become a part of the household :D

016-14.jpg

xxx

thats what i want, a bunny who loves just to cuddled and played with :) my boyfriend i can only have one ): do you think that matters? but he or she will get a lot of attention off me :) x

thats what i want, a bunny who loves just to cuddled and played with :) my boyfriend i can only have one ): do you think that matters? but he or she will get a lot of attention off me :) x

hmmmm it's a tricky one. buns do tend to do better with a partner but with that said my 2 are seperate house buns as bella will just not tolerate jasper full time and if im honest i think she would be quite happy on her own as she loves our dog :lol: and is very human orientated. she has to be in the middle of everything and when we have people over she will trample all over them and even nip their toes if they dont stroke her :roll:

hmmmm it's a tricky one. buns do tend to do better with a partner but with that said my 2 are seperate house buns as bella will just not tolerate jasper full time and if im honest i think she would be quite happy on her own as she loves our dog :lol: and is very human orientated. she has to be in the middle of everything and when we have people over she will trample all over them and even nip their toes if they dont stroke her :roll:

awwwh <3
my boyfriend's house is full of animals, 2 bearded dragons, 2 corn snakes, a tree monitor and a tortoise. not my type of animals. Bunny for me :D want one bunny cause i can get it alot of tlc and etc :) and a can a photographing field day, being a photography student and all :)

Ideally bunnies should come in pairs. If you can't have a pair, then I would look for one in a rescue who is or has to remain alone for some reason.

For a house bunny, I would say an adult spayed/neutered bunny, so that you know what you're getting and can hopefully not have to worry about issues with litter training :)

There's a lot of info on my website if you want to have a look at it (link is in my sig under 'Flash's Place'). There is also info about rabbit indoor accommodation on there too which might be useful :)

Ideally bunnies should come in pairs. If you can't have a pair, then I would look for one in a rescue who is or has to remain alone for some reason.

For a house bunny, I would say an adult spayed/neutered bunny, so that you know what you're getting and can hopefully not have to worry about issues with litter training :)

There's a lot of info on my website if you want to have a look at it (link is in my sig under 'Flash's Place'). There is also info about rabbit indoor accommodation on there too which might be useful :)

your site and tips are really useful :) got to say your bunnies are gawjus :)

i was really after a baby bunny so i could bound with it better. but has you've said and a few others the seem to be better in pairs. rescuing one seems a good idea thou but i wouldnt know what age to look for? x

I wouldn't worry too much about bonding better with a baby, I've not found that the be the case at all. In my experience it comes down to the personality of the bunny and how trusting they are, more than anything else.

I would say a good place to start would be to visit some rescues and talk with whoever runs them about what you want, and they will hopefully be able to match bunny to you and your needs. You'll hopefully then be able to meet them and find whichever one clicks with you the best :)

Any spayed/neutered bunny should be fine. You could have one that isn't, but then you have to go through the process and you never really know what a bunny will be like once you remove hormones, and litter training wise, it is more difficult if they are not spayed/neutered.

i was really after a baby bunny so i could bound with it better. but has you've said and a few others the seem to be better in pairs. rescuing one seems a good idea thou but i wouldnt know what age to look for? x

It's probably easier to get close to an adult bunny because they aren't changing so much. You know who they are when you get an adult bunny from a rescue.
If you go to a rescue they can match you with your perfect bunny :)

I wouldn't worry too much about bonding better with a baby, I've not found that the be the case at all. In my experience it comes down to the personality of the bunny and how trusting they are, more than anything else.

I would say a good place to start would be to visit some rescues and talk with whoever runs them about what you want, and they will hopefully be able to match bunny to you and your needs. You'll hopefully then be able to meet them and find whichever one clicks with you the best :)

Any spayed/neutered bunny should be fine. You could have one that isn't, but then you have to go through the process and you never really know what a bunny will be like once you remove hormones, and litter training wise, it is more difficult if they are not spayed/neutered.

:) their is a RSPCA just down the road from here and im hopefully going to volunteer when i move up here in May :) I defo going to get the bunny spayed/neutered but i think it'll be alot of money thou =/ but if i could him/her from the RSPCA should be spayed/neutered anyway :) xx

It's probably easier to get close to an adult bunny because they aren't changing so much. You know who they are when you get an adult bunny from a rescue.
If you go to a rescue they can match you with your perfect bunny :)

true :) just need to find the prefect bunny :) their is a RSPCA just down the road from here and im hopefully going to volunteer when i move up here in May :) i probably would like a girl thou :) not too big or small xx

:) their is a RSPCA just down the road from here and im hopefully going to volunteer when i move up here in May :) I defo going to get the bunny spayed/neutered but i think it'll be alot of money thou =/ but if i could him/her from the RSPCA should be spayed/neutered anyway :) xx

Sounds like a plan :) Some RSPCAs spay/neuter, but others don't, so make sure you check. If you're volunteering there then likely you'll be able to work out which bunny you want and which one clicks with you because you'll already know them, which will be a bonus :)

Shame you're not down here and not looking for a bunny now, where I volunteer (at my local RSPCA) we have the most amazingly humanised and soft bunny. She would probably be your perfect nightmare as a house rabbit :) (only a nightmare because I feel she might be a destructo bun, but she is just so pepole friendly she is incredible). There will be plenty of rabbits around that will fit with you hopefully :)

Also, well done for doing your research before getting any bunny :) Whoever you choose will be very lucky to come into your house because you have several months to get everything perfect before any bunny arrives in your home :)

Sounds like a plan :) Some RSPCAs spay/neuter, but others don't, so make sure you check. If you're volunteering there then likely you'll be able to work out which bunny you want and which one clicks with you because you'll already know them, which will be a bonus :)

Shame you're not down here and not looking for a bunny now, where I volunteer (at my local RSPCA) we have the most amazingly humanised and soft bunny. She would probably be your perfect nightmare as a house rabbit :) (only a nightmare because I feel she might be a destructo bun, but she is just so pepole friendly she is incredible). There will be plenty of rabbits around that will fit with you hopefully :)

Also, well done for doing your research before getting any bunny :) Whoever you choose will be very lucky to come into your house because you have several months to get everything perfect before any bunny arrives in your home :)

:) thats why im doing my research now :) just wanna know everything before i bring a bunny into my life :) my friend got a indoor bunny, hes is in a ferret run and lets her out every day when hes home. is a ferret run okay?http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?pq=indoor+ferret+run&hl=en&ds=i&cp=9&gs_id=1y&xhr=t&q=indoor+rabbit+cages&um=1&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1434&bih=739&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=3704612053295063390&sa=X&ei=eUkkT6ajJ8nLhAfWzJmiAQ&ved=0CIIBEPMCMAE

:) thats why im doing my research now :) just wanna know everything before i bring a bunny into my life :) my friend got a indoor bunny, hes is in a ferret run and lets her out every day when hes home. is a ferret run okay?http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?pq=indoor+ferret+run&hl=en&ds=i&cp=9&gs_id=1y&xhr=t&q=indoor+rabbit+cages&um=1&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1434&bih=739&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=3704612053295063390&sa=X&ei=eUkkT6ajJ8nLhAfWzJmiAQ&ved=0CIIBEPMCMAE

It's not really big enough. Ideally something like an XL dog crate attached to a puppy pen, or 'just' a puppy pen, or NIC grid cages can fit into any space and work really well too.

Or, if you have room, bunny proof a room for him and allow him to have the room to himself :)

It's not really big enough. Ideally something like an XL dog crate attached to a puppy pen, or 'just' a puppy pen, or NIC grid cages can fit into any space and work really well too.

Or, if you have room, bunny proof a room for him and allow him to have the room to himself :)

The Puppy Pen seems the best idea tbh :) only room for her/him is on the top of the stairs on the landing tbh. cause of my boyfriend and hes reptiles. I'll need a Bunny in my life :) x

I have 2 house bunnies! Matilda and Grayson, I LOVE house bunnies, but EVERTYTHING has to be bunny proof, or it gets nibbled!! wallpaper is a favourite!!!

Back