• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie has start malting

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Cleaned out Rosie's litter tray and saw there was a clump of fur she had probably groomed off of herself. So I gave her a brush (first time ever since last winter she was a baby and was kept inside so never malted her coat properly) and it just kept coming off like crazy :lol: Had this pile of gorgeous fur that was so light and silky and soft (like angora gloves or something :love: ). But all the stray bits that got caught in the air ended up my nose or in my eye lashes arghh gonna be rubbing my eyes for days :lol: Put the fur out on a bush incase any birdies wanted it for a nest and Rosie looks tiny now some of her poof has gone :shock: but at least she doesn't look fat anymore lol
Do any of you make anything with your bunnies fur? I didn't have enough for anything and I wouldn't know how to make anything in the first place

I think some clever people can 'needlefelt' fur and make brooches, but that would be well beyond my skill. :oops::lol:

My BB is having an epic moult.He does every year, despite being an indoor bun.
Im gonna cry if Little Miss moults.Her fur is absolutely beautiful.Sleek and glossy!!

OOOOOHHH OOOOOOOOOH please if anyone ever has enough bunneh fluff to spare, can I have it please????
I have a spinning wheel and have been dying to try my hand at angora(ish) yarn!!
I can't knit so I'll gladly post back to you whatever I can make:D:D

thankies

My MIL has promised to teach me how to felt and has asked me to collect bunny moults for this, I shall let you know how that goes when we've done it :D

Back