• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best/cheapest place to buy needles/syringes? UD/ are these the right ones?

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I only know vetuk. As Grim will probably be on penicillin for life I thought it might be cheaper for me to stock up online rather than through the vets each time. :wave:

Last edited:
1ml syringes and orange needles?do you re-use the syringes?im wondering whether you can buy them online not specifically from vet sites which might increase the price??1ml syringes are insulin syringes so you could try searching for them...i dont know or contact the manufacturer and see if they wil sell you a box?

1ml syringes and orange needles?do you re-use the syringes?im wondering whether you can buy them online not specifically from vet sites which might increase the price??1ml syringes are insulin syringes so you could try searching for them...i dont know or contact the manufacturer and see if they wil sell you a box?

I don't re use anything. My partner is allergic to penicillin so I have to be extra careful with everything. My vet gave me 50 of each but I usually draw the medicine with one needle and then swap to a fresh one to inject. I don't know if this is the proper way to do it? So I've run low on needles but have a few syringes. Especially with them both on penicillin right now. :(

Smoo should be off in a couple of weeks as long as her abscess continues to shrink.

Jane's website looks like a medical site rather than a vet site so I think you were correct. :)

Try your local farm supplier/agricenter. I buy all my stuff from them.

Or try these peeps http://www.ascott-dairy.co.uk/acatalog/Veterinary_Supplies.html

20p per needle I don't know how that compares for you:D
Dunno what size you need though

20p per needle!!!!!!!??????they must be maing a killing!

If you need some orange needles I could post you out some if you are really low?and yes, you should draw up with one needle and give with another especially if using glass vials!

20p per needle!!!!!!!??????they must be maing a killing!

If you need some orange needles I could post you out some if you are really low?and yes, you should draw up with one needle and give with another especially if using glass vials!

I can't remember the size I need, but they're green. I've got them upstairs but that's all the way upstairs! :lol:

I don't re use anything. My partner is allergic to penicillin so I have to be extra careful with everything. My vet gave me 50 of each but I usually draw the medicine with one needle and then swap to a fresh one to inject. I don't know if this is the proper way to do it? So I've run low on needles but have a few syringes. Especially with them both on penicillin right now. :(

Smoo should be off in a couple of weeks as long as her abscess continues to shrink.

Jane's website looks like a medical site rather than a vet site so I think you were correct. :)

You can draw and inject with the same needle, the vets always do that too.. I buy ours from amazon or ebay.. I find the green needles easier than orange also.

These are the needles I have.

Untitled-3.png

Are these the same ones?

http://www.medisave.co.uk/b-d-microlance-3-needles-green-21g-x-58-inch-per-100-p-5110.html

Thanks.

You can draw and inject with the same needle, the vets always do that too.. I buy ours from amazon or ebay.. I find the green needles easier than orange also.

we were always taught not to inject with the same needle especially with glass vials incase shards of glass/debris could be in the needle, and we use green to draw up and orange or blue to give depending on the medication/patient. obv green has a larger bore so it would be quicker the give the meds through a green but I would have though more kind with an orange.

Back