• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So dissapointed

Jan

Warren Scout
One day this week I went into the petshop in our highstreet. (Just for a nose as I work in a petshop myself). While browseing I overheard someone ask the assistant if they ought to have their female rabbit spayed. To my astonishment the reply was "Oh no I wouldn`t worry about that , Cant see there is any need as long as there isn`t a male nearby, I shouldn`t bother". It was all I could do to stop myself. We don`t sell livestock but still try and steer people in the right direction as to the care their particular animal needs. It worries me as this shop does sell livestock and if they are giving this sort of advice what future are the animals they are selling having to endure?

Well, they wouldn't want people knowing it would cost them £75 to spay a bun they're about to buy for a tenner! Sad, isn't it. :( Hopefully they'll find their way to your pet shop, where you can try to educate them. :)

I wouldn't have had the self control to not say anything and both pet shop owner and customer would have been subjected to one of my lectures.

So sad that pet shops are just so uneducated. Really like the suggestion of offering to help them. You could write to the owner/manager voicing your concerns and offer to run a training course free of charge. How could they turn down free training?

Back