• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you use bowls for pellets?

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering if anyone uses bowls? My heard of guineas have a low flan dish which is perfect for them all to fit round.

My rabbits on the other hand tend to just get them thrown in. Archie is so bossy that his two wife buns wouldn't stand a chance at getting near the bowl and the only bowl I had spare for Albie was a perfect princess one so he went without for the time being. He already had the name "soft lad" from my OH thanks to his white fur and blue eyes so didn't want to encourage my OH any more!

Yeah, my two have a bowl each, but they often both eat out of one then both eat out of the other whilst pushing each others heads away, bit like head wrestling into the bowls!

:lol:

My girls have a bowl yes. Although they did smash the last one - no idea how on a flat floor and it was a pot dish :lol:

I think a lot of people scatter food though so they can have fun foraging for it.

I do a bit of both, if it's damp outside. But when it's dry I scatter feed their pellets - makes it much more interesting for them and lets them forage as they would in the wild :D

Daisy and Digby have a bowl and they share fine, but Olly and Honey get theirs on the floor as Olly does a lot of shoving otherwise!

No bowls, I handfeed Oscar and Jessie to make sure they both get their fair share, Oscar would steal it all otherwise! Plus it's lovely when they both jump on your knee in the morning :love:

I only use a bowl if they have veg or some hand-picked grass.

Pellets are fed on top of their look-out shelter in the morning (so I can get in to change litter trays etc) and then scattered on the floor in the afternoon. :D

mine get theirs in a bowl, but I may scatter tonight, although they do get frantic when they get scatterd and LOVE the sound of their pellets in a bowl!

scatter feed, no bowls
all accommodation totally cleaned out daily
all toilet area/litter tray trained

so feed never on contaminated bedding

Used to! But a couple of the bowls ended up broken and we never got around to replacing them... So initially it was just being lazy that meant I fed them without a bowl. :p I just chuck their pellets in amongst their hair/straw and let them root around finding their food now... I'd probably still admit it's a case of not having got around to replacing the bowls, but I can totally pretend I'm doing it for enrichment purposes instead.

Spenser likes his pellets from a bowl, although he will also accept then hand-fed. :oops: Funnily enough, he will only eat hay from the floor, not a manger-type container (although I haven't tried this for some time).

scatter feed, no bowls
all accommodation totally cleaned out daily
all toilet area/litter tray trained

so feed never on contaminated bedding

Jane. :shock: All those big hay beds for the sore feet are removed and redone every day? Wow, that's dedication - not that I ever doubted your dedication!;)

Yes, Half of pellets go in a bowl with herbs & veg and the other half is scattered in with the hay.

Back