• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free ranging 24 hrs.

I did, but I had to stop it because Milly is destructive to the point that she was making herself ill :(

When i am home, my buns have free access to the whole house, my hearing has increased to listen for naughty nibbling from other rooms.

When i am sleeping or out my buns are limited to there room.

I would love to let them free range all the time but think i would never get any sleep as they run around at nite as they love hopping on my bed !

They're so teenie I'd be surprised if it was possible for them to! :lol:

BB does, he just doesnt go far.then he comes back down.He always has done this.I have no idea why.Perhaps its cos he knows the flooring is laminate in lounge and kitchen!!

We kinda do-Mr B has free range of the house, but he refuses to walk on the kitchen floor so he stays in his cupboard when we are not in and then we put his tunnel down so he can get accross the kitchen when we are home.

Smudge has 24hr access downstairs but not upstairs unless im in but thats only because i block off the hall so he cant get to the front door(i worry about him getting hit on the head by any post) unlikely i know!

mine have free range 24/7 even when we are out. it looks funny when we go out though we cage the tv and cover the stereo and take all wires away!

Pop,Pix And Zuma freerange 24 hours, when the hellbeast joined they got caged for a while at nights, but the last few days i have begun to notice she is much better now:love:

when its very cold and buns had to be in i had mine free range 24/7 in the bedroom but not whole house as i didnt have it bunny proofed, all the wires in bedroom were covered with hosepipe and tbh they were very good bunnies! x

Estelle and Frankie freerange in the conservatory 24/7. They have the opportunity to come into the kitchen and then to the lounge. They haven't done so far, but who knows.

Fudge became a housebun last year when his ladybun died and doesn't get on well with other bunnies. He has Free range time most of the day round the whole house but he is locked in one room at night. This is only because he has problems with his bottom half so is very heavy footed - he'd keep me awake with his hopping otherwise.

He's got no incisors though so i don't have to worry about him chewing much - just shoe laces and Barbie's hair. :lol:

When I was at uni in a flat with my last bun (a very destructive Rex) He was confined to the balcony when i wasn't there. He would get to everything - dig plant pots, chew the plaster off the walls, chew through any material he could get his hands on. Once he even chewed through a tub open and ate the sweets inside! :?

We do.

They are based in the kitchen. It's a big kitchen with no wires hanging anywhere so they are always free range in there. If we're about, they are allowed in the sitting room as well.

the member *lily*,

Louie is the luckiest bunny in the world i have witnessed first hand his freeranging and never seen anything like it in my whole life!!:love::love::love::love::love:

aaahhhhh . . I obviously need to pay attention more!!!

Thought Ruby Ted had sneaked two more rabbits in!

My buns free range 24 hours in the rooms they are in - but as we have several sets of buns in the house who dont 'get on' they have to be kept in their own areas. Until his ahem 'accident' . . Parsley had free range of the living room and dining room and an outdoor attached hutch. Now he is in convalascence in the bedroom - bit ironic given the nature of the injury!!:lol: When we had Taesal and fewer other housebuns he had freerange of all the bottom of the house -

Back