• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure if Frankie is right :/

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
Today she has been flopping in her hutch and tray, a bit more than normal. She has been out playing fine, apart from when she has flopped she has been doing it against something like the chair etc. Normally she will do it right in the middle of the floor, but has been doing it against things this evening like the chair etc. She would normally never do this. I put her in just now and she went and laid down against her wall, normally she would be tucking in to some hay, or trying to get back out again.

Is this a sign of pain do you think?? She's been bumbling nice big bumbles, but her tummy was a little bit gassy so I massaged it a bit. She's been running around like a loon as normal though so hopefully that will have helped move anything. She is a bun that won't be handled so it is impossible to hold her for any other checks. I took a photo close up of her earlier today and accidentally had the flash on, could this have done something?

Yet again my anxiety and panic mode has set in the slightest change and I really panic :( I am so tired and am working tomorrow so should be in bed, but I feel ill with the worry now :(

Oh sweetheart take a deep breath and try to stay calm.
I would say if she is acting normal in every other way e.g pooping, eating, drinking. Then I would just keep and eye on her and see how she goes over the weekend and if you are still worried maybe give your vets a call on monday.
I dont think you have anything to worry about, maybe she has over exerted herself a bit and is worn out.

Thank you Rachylou, in my head I know you are right. In normal day to day life I am so chilled and relaxed, people I've worked with in various jobs have said how chilled I am about everything, and I am, but they've never seen me when I get into a flap over the bunnies, I feel the need to speak to bunny people immediately, it's weird :(

Just peeked at Frankie and she was having a drink, she stopped to look at me as if to say "problem?" :D fingers crossed it's just me in a stupid flap again and she's just decided to sit elsewhere.

Back