• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A picture of the patient

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
IMG00499-20120127-1954.jpg

My little Daisy bun after her spay. She feels a little cold so have the snugglesafe on her bed and the heating on in her room. Will keep it on overnight too until she's more like herself.

Oh bless her, she does look a bit sorry for herself - understandable of course. I would wrap a towel or fleece round the snugglesafe if she shows signs of wanting to sit on it. That looks a real comfy bed she has.

Sending lots of recovery vibes for her. xxx

Lol the comfy bed has become a toilet! Charming. Just tries to give her more painkiller, what a fight! She understandably wants to be left alone. If only she understood they would make her feel better.

Lol the comfy bed has become a toilet! Charming. Just tries to give her more painkiller, what a fight! She understandably wants to be left alone. If only she understood they would make her feel better.

Oops, it's good that she is going to the loo though, as that can be a bit slow post-op. Is it metacam painkiller? I could only get it into Spenser via a fenugreek crunchie.

She really has the most beautiful colouring. :love:

Yes it's metacam. The nurse said to give it straight into her mouth but she didn't like being held to administer it. Will try the fenugreek crunchie idea. She's eaten some veg and a little hay and gone to the toilet. Not drank too much and hasn't touched her pellets. She's having a little run around just now.

She is ok thank you. She has eaten hay an veg (an the treats we got for her). She has poo'd and pee'd and ha ablittle run aroun this morning but now she's tired. Still not drinking much so we may need to syringe water into her if there is no improvement. She has had her metacam on a fenugreek crunchie which she liked better than syringing. Seeing the vet on mon for her post op check. Thanks for asking :)

Sounds like she is doing well.:thumb: Spenser tended to drop his crunchie metacam side down on the carpet before eating it, but I think he got enough of the dose to help. :roll: Is she eating pellets yet?

The snugglesafe is the pink round thing beside daisy. You pop it in the microwave and its all warm and snuggly for a few hours. It usually comes with a fleecy cover but my bridge bunny destroyed it.

Susie bun- she has nibbled a few pellets. I hand fed her a few last night and she ate some herself this morning. Still some left in her bowl which is unusual for daisy. She's usually an eating machine! Glad she's eating something though. Daisy dropped her crunchie metacam side down too lol. Must be like toast- always lands butter side down.

Back