• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am thinking of ordering this, what do you think?

looks incredible edible to me - wouldn't trust it to hold mine for more than a few minutes. I only trust wire or plastic cages after an incident with a willow carry basket on the way to the vets (rabbit ate way out of basket, was bouncing round car, we had to divert to a pet shop and get new carrier and catch rabbit from car . . )

I think I'd prefer the plastic or wire carriers April as I'd be worried that the bunny would nibble at the material and I don't think I'd like to have the strap over my shoulder as I have visions of the poor bunny being bounced about.

I'd personally go for a plastic one :D My rabbits would have a ball destroying that.. even Poppy who never chews anything would more than likely dig ;) :lol:
You can get a really decent hardy carrier for that price :wave:

It fails as both a carrier and a run.

Apart from easily being able to get out, it would offer no protection in a car crash or from other animals at the vets, and the fabric base would sag and/or shift under all but light bunnies, which I imagine would make the rabbit feel unsafe. And I would never trust any carrier with a zip closure because zips can break at the worst of times, you'd be in a right pickle if it broke whilst you were carrying bunny in it.

I agree with the majority so far. I'm not sure i could trust it... what if they started to bite at it?

Looks nice and comfy though - i would consider one for my dental bun :)

Ok,:wave: I have orderd it.
I was mainly thinking of using it for transporting my gummy bunny so chewing would not be a problem there;) Though it maybe quite tough:?

I am very sceptical as to the bit that pegs out on the grass:? I doubt I will ever use that but it will be intresting to see.
I just liked the idea of front and side opening to get bunny out without dragging it out of a front entrance.

I have no intention of using shoulder strap because, as Maisy points out it would be a bumpy carry for bunny.
I value your comments.
I will let you know what I think of it when it arrives

I took my two to Manchester in a fabric carrier. 7 hours there and back. There was no issue, they were fine. Back, a different story. Smoo chewed at the door until the zip broke and I couldn't close it. I had to walk through Yarmouth station with the carrier open and me s***ing myself. It was horrible. I really don't think fabric carriers are suitable for rabbits.

Back