• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cute or tranced?

A very cute looking rabbit but by the look of its bulging eyes and very tight mouth shape it is a very uncomfortable rabbit definitely not a nice pic!

I emailed them with a link to McBride's paper about trancing. I can't imagine I'll have been the only person who looks at the blog to say something.

does anyone know about this?

sorry to hijack a little, but it's along the same lines. I thought bunnies were always tranced if they were put back, but this guy seems to be happily chomping down....:?

The first one, yes tranced.

Battlekat - thats an odd one. His head is raised up and his bum is lower than his head so maybe that is why - I dont think he is tranced but I've had to trance Annabelle a couple of times to have her bum fluff trimmed, and there seems to be a stage when they are almost tranced but not quite, perhaps this is what he is in.

I think different bunnies go into being tranced with varying difficulty though. I havent tried much, but both myself and the vet cannot trance Barney, he just doesnt trance, or doesnt allow himself to get quite into that position I dont know. It was 'fun' trying to get stitches out of the genitals of a non-tranced bunny that hates being held and was 4kg of struggling muscle.

They emailed me back and said they are reading up on trancing.

If anyone else more knowledgeable about this were to post a comment on their Facebook page it might help.

Also hijacking - kind of.

Is this trance? My Bailey sits like this - but is active, and moves about etc.

I hope I'm not accidentally trancing her...

030.jpg

I emailed them with a link to McBride's paper about trancing. I can't imagine I'll have been the only person who looks at the blog to say something.

Any chance of putting a link on here? I'd be grateful. I'd really like to read it as I had a discussion with my vet about trancing this week, I said I knew the subject was controvertial but I don't feel that I know enough about it. I would like to learn more.

Back