• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella Terminally bunny.

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
We've now raised enough to get Bella a better setup. She's very friendly, came bombing over to me in the garden and sat with me for some fuss. Here she is....

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

Great news, I've pledged to send a small contribution but am waiting for a new bank card to arrive. :wave:

She's so pretty. Her poorly eyes look quite mean :( Poor lady.

I think her protruding nictitating membranes are the least of her worries, they don't look sore or inflamed, theres no disscharge, I think it may be either stress from living in such a tiny hutch or the fact that really shes not a well rabbit with the amount of tumours she has. I will see if we can get her reviewed by a vet soon, and see what he says about her eyes whilst we are there.

Bless her, what a sweetie. She has that cancer 'look' doesn't she, thin and a little wobbly. I'm sure she's going to be really happy with new larger accommodation that she can stretch and relax a bit more comfortably in - well done for all you've done to help her :)

Bless her, what a sweetie. She has that cancer 'look' doesn't she, thin and a little wobbly. I'm sure she's going to be really happy with new larger accommodation that she can stretch and relax a bit more comfortably in - well done for all you've done to help her :)

Yes she really does when you see her. She did surprise me and get quick a lick on down the garen though so see seems comfortable at the moment. Shes so sweet I hope she has few months to enjoy the new hutch when it comes.

aw shes gorgeous and im glad she has a lovely new home to live the rest of her days in comfort.

Well done Lara - such a lovely thing to do!

I think her protruding nictitating membranes are the least of her worries, they don't look sore or inflamed, theres no disscharge, I think it may be either stress from living in such a tiny hutch or the fact that really shes not a well rabbit with the amount of tumours she has. I will see if we can get her reviewed by a vet soon, and see what he says about her eyes whilst we are there.

The protruding eyes are probably due to a mass in her chest cavity, secondaries probably :cry: A mass in the chest cavity compresses large blood vessels returning from the head to the heart causing increased pressure in the veins of the head and bulging of the eyes.
I hope she is able to enjoy what time she has remaining. She is beauiful

Last edited:
The protruding eyes are probably due to a mass in her chest cavity, secondaries probably :cry: A mass in the chest cavity compresses large blood vessels returning from the head to the heart causing increased pressure in the veins of the head and bulging of the eyes.
I hope she is able to enjoy what time she has remaining. She is beauiful

Thank you Jane I thought it may be something to do with the tumours :( going to try get this hutch sorted asap x

Bella is a beautiful bunny.

I had said that I would send a few pounds but I haven't yet - have only just logged on, first time in a couple of days, have I missed something on how to send some money? Perhaps I could help cover the cost of collecting the new hutch or a little extra treat? Just let me know!

You have done so well in sorting this out Nursecroft, especially with all you have had going on. It's lovely to know there are still kind people in the world xx

Bella is a beautiful bunny.

I had said that I would send a few pounds but I haven't yet - have only just logged on, first time in a couple of days, have I missed something on how to send some money? Perhaps I could help cover the cost of collecting the new hutch or a little extra treat? Just let me know!

You have done so well in sorting this out Nursecroft, especially with all you have had going on. It's lovely to know there are still kind people in the world xx

We can't fundraise on RU but you can pm fluffers for information on how to help :) thank you xx

Back