• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Mrs Nora (again)

Joh619

Alpha Buck
Mrs Nora did the same thing she did about 6 months ago last night. She ate breakfast fine, then my OH cleaned them out when he got home from work in the evening and she was eating fine then. Then we went to give them their spring greens before bed and she wouldn't eat them :( Tried to tempt her with banana which is her favourite, and grapes and some treat things but she would sniff them and just hop away :(

So we picked her up again and checked her bum (which is very fluffy, but also lovely and white). I managed to syringe her a little bit of water and give tummy rubs and then just left her with some blankets and plenty of tempting food. This morning, she was just back to her usual self, ate breakfast fine and was grumping at Walter to see if she could steal his food.

I've no idea what could cause it. She's not had anything different to eat, and this time they're in the conservatory so couldn't have eaten anything they shouldn't have. Walter didn't seem massively impressed by the spring greens (which they have everynight before bed) so I've bought s'more for tonight. But everything else is exactly the same :(

But....I did manage to get a hug from her and I was so happy. She's so big! I never manage to pick her up usually coz she's so grumpy and fast she usually gets away from me or bites me lol. If I do pick her up, she usually isn't happy and either looks scared or tries to get away from me. But OH picked her up so I could check her and try some tummy rubs and she was looking at me so he passed her to me and I had proper snuggles :love: But i felt bad as she obviously wasn't feeling well :(

Also (sorry - long post!) Water has started pooing everywhere. There'll be little piles where he's sat to eat and generally spread around the room. I'm fairly sure its Walter as there was a pile next to the spring greens last night and Nora wasn't there. Do you think he might be smelling the cat (we got a male kitten a few months ago) and marking his territory? The cat doesn't go in the room with the bunnies, but I'm guessing the smell would go in their room when we go in.

I hope both your buns keep well now, they do like to worry us! Some buns are so sensitive that they can get upset by something we might not notice and they stop eating temporarily.

I don't know anything about cats, but rabbits have a really good sense of smell and it may be that Walter can smell the kitten, or that you smell different to the buns as a result of handling him.

It's just strange that this has happened twice now. Normally she eats everything and anything and is perfectly fine. Broccoli, sprouts, cabbage, bits of my OH's hand when he's too slow ;) etc and no issue except this. But it's been 6 months apart.

She is moulting though. But they always seem to moult and Walter grooms Nora, but she rarely grooms him, so I would have thought if it was fur it would be him having the problems with it.

*shrugs*

Back