• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What temp for indoor buns to go outside safely?

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
I'm keen to let Falcon have access to the garden as soon as it's possible for him to do so safely, partly because he's started jumping on worktops :shock: and I'm worried he'll hurt himself, and partly because he keeps looking out at the garden as if he'd like to go out and play. We're in the South/Essex so I've asked about temps rather than months; I'm assuming it's warmer here than further north. I wondered about knitting him a coat/vest to speed things up but am worried he could get tangled on a bush and I also think it would scare him so don't feel it's an option.

Any advice gratefully received. :wave:

ETA So that he doesn't hurt himself meanwhile, would it be better to give him lots of steps/landing places/ways to jump on and off worktops safely so that he doesn't try jumping from a height? He won't stop doing it, even if there's nothing on the worktop. :?

Last edited:
I would say ~15 degrees centigrade minimum as room temp is ~16-20 degrees centigrade indoors on average i believe.

I would say ~15 degrees centigrade minimum as room temp is ~16-20 degrees centigrade indoors on average i believe.

Not in my house!! Cant afford to keep it that high mines about 12-15degs! I would say when the temp outside is within a few degrees of what they are used to indoors! You could get a little indoor and outside temp gauge to keep tabs on it! If going outside to stay, my guess would be when there isn't such a contrast between night and day temperatures, as massively fluctuating temps seem to cause a lot of issues and also when they have reached similar temps to what they are used to indoors and that's why most people say late spring.

Does anyone know if studies have been done to find out what an optimum temp for a bunny is?

Back