• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tinkerbell may have to be pts UD shes gone.

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Think I may have to have Tinerbell pts today, i'm so upset. Shes been really bad this week and is on the maximum dosage of metacam this week, I've had to wash her everyday as she just wees laying down on her bad side. :( she has no muscle at all and bascially drags that side along :( its getting sore even though i bath it and putting flamazine on everyday. Shes still eating and perky, I just don't know what to do, i feel cruel keeping her like this. She can't run round anymore and just sits in the shed the whole time, i just don't think she has any quality of life. :cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this Lara. :( I'm sure you will make the right decision for Tinkerbell, whatever you decide. Huge hugs. xxx

I'm so sorry to hear this :(

You'll know when its the right time, follow your own feelings, she'll be telling you when it's right.

I'm so very sorry Lara. :cry:

This is an awful decision to have to make, but you will know when it is time. Your decision will be the right one for her.

Thinking of you. xx

Awe no Im so sorry, bless her, she looks such a little cutie. What a horrible decision to have to make, only you know her best and gut insinct will tell you, even if it's an unbearable answer :( Im so sorry big (((HUGS)))

I've never regretted having an animal put to sleep a few days, maybe even a few weeks early but I have very much regretted leaving it too long. In my fairly wide experience over 30+ years of animal owning and loving, if you wait for "them to tell you" it might be a bit too late. Never feel guilty about accepting the inevitable - it is the last, kindest decision we can make for them... however heartbreaking it is for us.

Oh gosh, so sorry. I regretted not having the chance the say goodbye to Lola, I regret not knowing she didn't stand a chance, if I'd have known I'd have had her PTS not operated on that day. So sorry Lara xx:cry:

She's gone, I'm heartbroken. Who am i to preach to anyone on how to look after their rabbit? I ran over Saffy, lost Dreamer in June and now Tinkerbell, none of them were old, Tinks was the oldest and hd just turned 6. I feel I have failed her. Feel sick.

I'm so sorry.

Grief makes you blame yourself but you did the kindest and only thing that you could have done. You stopped her from suffering, and you gave her the final act of love by letting her go. She had an illness you couldn't beat, or cure; all you could do was make her happy in her life, and you did just that.

Binky Free Beautiful Tinkerbell. x

so sorry to read this Lara :cry:
and please don't question yourself. Your rabbits have a great life and we never know how long they will be with us.
I've said it many times before but will again, A short happy life is better than a long miserable one
Hugs to you and binky free Tinkerbell xx

My heart goes out to you. I love looking at her beautiful picture in your siggy...she has such a uniqueness that shows through the image. I can only imagine how special she is in person.
I think Jack's Jane puts it best...it's that final act of love. It isn't a love gift anyone but you can know if it's time to give. But whatever you and Tinkerbell decide together may your hearts be as peaceful as possible.
Please give her a snuggle from us.
We'll be thinking of you. ((((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))

I'm so sorry, it wasn't your fault at all. Sadly these things happen to the ones we love :cry::cry:

RIP Beautiful Tinkerbell. :cry:

I'm so sorry, I've always loved Tinkerbell, such a cute little face :love: Take care xxx

Binky free Tinkerbell xxx

Back