• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going into pet shops.....

sun_city_girl

Warren Veteran
So today went to buy some hay and as usual couldnt resist looking at the pets....just makes me feel so bad. They had a gorgeous harlequin girl bunny but the space she was being kept in was tiny compared to her size but she was so friendly as soon as I went over she came up to to edge of the cage to investigate and to be stroked, she was waaay bigger than bunnies im used to but I felt really bad just leaving her....its just thinking about where these pets will end up....

It is really sad. But a lot of us bought our first rabbits in pet shops or from breeders and they have got a good life. My girls were from a breeder - I found this forum the night I bought them home. Didn't know there was such a thing as a rabbit rescue!

Just hope the bunny ends up in a nice home :)

I always feel more sorry for big bunnies, like somehow less people would want them because they are big!Hopefully it gets looked after properly and a nice owner, its so sad though that pet shops dont give a damn about who buys a pet.makes me mad.....If they bothered less animals would end up in rescue.

I found a pic of her on their website;

new-bunny-harlequin.jpg

poor thing...

aww she is pretty. Let's hope she goes somewhere loving. Or, if she is the only bun there, if she is there for a long time/has been there a long time, it may make them think twice about having any more hopefully x

Back