PDA

View Full Version : Going into pet shops.....

sun_city_girl
26-01-2012, 11:28 PM
So today went to buy some hay and as usual couldnt resist looking at the pets....just makes me feel so bad. They had a gorgeous harlequin girl bunny but the space she was being kept in was tiny compared to her size but she was so friendly as soon as I went over she came up to to edge of the cage to investigate and to be stroked, she was waaay bigger than bunnies im used to but I felt really bad just leaving her....its just thinking about where these pets will end up....

SamanthaJane
26-01-2012, 11:30 PM
It is really sad. But a lot of us bought our first rabbits in pet shops or from breeders and they have got a good life. My girls were from a breeder - I found this forum the night I bought them home. Didn't know there was such a thing as a rabbit rescue!

Just hope the bunny ends up in a nice home :)

sun_city_girl
26-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I always feel more sorry for big bunnies, like somehow less people would want them because they are big!Hopefully it gets looked after properly and a nice owner, its so sad though that pet shops dont give a damn about who buys a pet.makes me mad.....If they bothered less animals would end up in rescue.

sun_city_girl
26-01-2012, 11:56 PM
I found a pic of her on their website;

http://blog.notjustpets.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/new-bunny-harlequin.jpg

poor thing...

susie bun
27-01-2012, 12:05 AM
I just don't let myself go into pet shops that sell rabbits. :(

SamanthaJane
27-01-2012, 11:01 PM
aww she is pretty. Let's hope she goes somewhere loving. Or, if she is the only bun there, if she is there for a long time/has been there a long time, it may make them think twice about having any more hopefully x

loppy ears
27-01-2012, 11:32 PM
She was posted on their blog on 17/09/11 - a long time to live in such a small space :cry:

sun_city_girl
28-01-2012, 12:23 AM
i know and she definately is fatter now too :(