• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are Runaround tunnels safe/strong ?

the black ones I would say are foxproof especially in short lengths - so less manoeuvrable if that makes sense - we have short lengths from one run to the next (literally about 20cms) which are foxproof I would say - the longer lengths (1m plus)we use to then get to other places I would not leave available to the bun overnight.

I dont really understand the whole thing about these tunnels.

People go on about that a run needs to be at least 2ft tall and then there are these tunnel things! They have no run around space, no where to binky. I just dont see how they can be any good.

People go on about that a run needs to be at least 2ft tall and then there are these tunnel things! They have no run around space, no where to binky. I just dont see how they can be any good.

Because they allow you to join runs and hutchs and sheds and whatever to ALLOW them that space.

ours are used to join two aviary/walk in kennel style runs together - to create options for the buns - ours live in groups so with the tunnels used to provide access between neighbouring runs they can choose where to hang out and who to hang out with . .

Most people use the runaround TUBES to attach sheds/hutches to runs.

The things you are talking about are the runaround mesh tunnels. They're designed to be used in large squares or whatever, so they do in fact have space to run around. That's the entire point of them. If I had the space, I'd have a whole setup of them. It's nice to have a long line of the mesh tunnel where they can get up some speed and run, while being safe and secure.

I'm going to attach another hutch to my other setup using one of the black tunnels :)

Parsnip bun why wouldn't you leave the tunnel accessible during the night ?

Back