• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tiny hutch ***update***

hot cross bun

Alpha Buck
on my way to work i have noticed a white med size bun in a tiny hutch he can just about turn round but cannot stand up,there is no hay and no water bottle so i pushed a rabbit welfare leaflet through the door hoping they may take note but there as been no change,today i phoned the rspca i just hope ive done the right thing and they act on it

Last edited:
I think you have done the right thing and you've handled the whole thing in a very passive way which is also important as many people would feel alienated if most pet owners became passionate and aggressive in the process. I hope the RSPCA can help and that they let you know what has happened too.

I think you have done the right thing and you've handled the whole thing in a very passive way which is also important as many people would feel alienated if most pet owners became passionate and aggressive in the process. I hope the RSPCA can help and that they let you know what has happened too.

i have asked them to keep me posted and even told them i would foster the bun until i could find him a new home fingers crossed

It's highly unlikely the RSPCA will do anything, other than advise the owner :(

At least you cared enough to do something.

the bun has been moved into a bigger hutch he has hay,water bottle and bowl, presume the rspca have been round but will keep my eye on him thanks for your comments

the bun has been moved into a bigger hutch he has hay,water bottle and bowl, presume the rspca have been round but will keep my eye on him thanks for your comments

Excellent news!!!!

Well done on acting in such a calm manner. It has paid off. Brilliant.

Let's hope his conditions either remain the same or ideally improvements continue to be made.

I'm sure that by you keeping an eye on him the owners will keep on their toes.

Here's hoping!!:thumb::thumb:

And well done once again.:thumb:

Well done.:D
Hopefully they will get him a run for the garden next;)

I used to walk past a bunny in a small hutch, i posted a polite letter suggesting improvements that could be made, then later several times a posted leaflets, but no change was made for bunny.
Eventually me and a Lady from RU called at the bunnys door. The lady said she didnt want the rabbit anymore:roll:
So I ended up with a most gorgeous friendly bunny:D
The hutch got smashed up:lol:

Aww well done!

Sounds like they care for the rabbit, but just didn't know what a rabbits needs etc!

Back