• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

she eats my hair

kerrylouise

Warren Scout
Lola keeps trying to eat my hair, she will literally climb all over me to get to it, even if i tuck it in my my jumper she still managed to get it in her mouth is this normal? she also keeps making a weird little noise which is very hard to explain it sounds a bit like clucking???
sootie or previous rabbits havent done any of this so i am just a bit curious

My first bun Crumpet used to do this :love: I honestly think its just them giving us love and grooming us!

Do you find she actually eats it, or does she suck it? Crumps mainly used to suck mine :love: do keep an eye if she's eating it though!

My first bun Crumpet used to do this :love: I honestly think its just them giving us love and grooming us!

Do you find she actually eats it, or does she suck it? Crumps mainly used to suck mine :love: do keep an eye if she's eating it though!

I was going to ask if the noise that she is making could be a sucking noise? My first rabbit as an adult sucked my hair. My husband bought him from a pet store. He was really much too young to of been away from his mom. He lived to over 10 years old and always sucked hair.

o no she eats it :shock: its never wet like its been sucked but she always runs away with it in her mouth

I was going to ask if the noise that she is making could be a sucking noise? My first rabbit as an adult sucked my hair. My husband bought him from a pet store. He was really much too young to of been away from his mom. He lived to over 10 years old and always sucked hair.

i sounds more like a clucking noise but i suppose it could be a sucking noise

Vince does this! My MIL said ' oh he's grooming you' but he isn't, he proper eats my hair if he sneaks up behind me on the couch :D

Awww Darcy used to do this to me when he was a baby. He never actually eat it as far as I could tell. It was more licking it. :love: He still licks my face tho :love::love:

Maybe the rabbits that actually eat the hair think it is straw of hay.:lol: Is your hair dry? :lol:

:lol: no its really soft and shiny :)

i dont know if its because when i first got her she used to sit on my shoulder and shove her face in my hair to hide

:lol: no its really soft and shiny :)

i dont know if its because when i first got her she used to sit on my shoulder and shove her face in my hair to hide

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Do you use nice smelling flowery or fruity shampoo. Maybe you smell good enough to eat. That would be a bunny compliment.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Do you use nice smelling flowery or fruity shampoo. Maybe you smell good enough to eat. That would be a bunny compliment.

:thumb: i use pantene mostly sometimes fruity conditioner lol she just a little weirdo, all my buns have had a weird little habbits like that :) but thats what makes me love them

Back