• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have 4 little 5 week old bunnies now...

brutalbaby

Warren Scout
They are very strong and healthy and dont stop eating! I give them a bowl of food in the morning and evening and lighter bowl in the afternoon with unlimited hay and fresh water through out the day. Mummy doe is just as bad really dont stop eating, I hide the food and she still manages to find it... at what ever height she will get to it. Am I feeding them right? Ive noticed the kittens are still feeding off mum also. I have to clean their area twice a day because the babies poop so much, just like normal babies I guess.

Also I will be selling three of the babies at 10 weeks. The money I get with them will be going towards things for the adult bunnies and also towards getting mum and dad neutered. Where will be the best place to sell them for experienced owners? I don't want then going to kids and people who don't know a lot about bunnies it worries me :/

That's lovely that they're doing so well.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to ask for money for buns advertised on the Rabbit Rehome website - otherwise that would seem like a good place. You could do a home check of potential new owners, or maybe even get a rescue to do one in return for a donation.

I don't know if you can advertise them of Rabbit rehome :?
Not sure though..

You could advertise on free ad sites, but mention you'd do a home check to see if the new owners are going to be compatible with your requirements, e.g the minimum set up for a rabbit would be a 6x2 ft living space [hutch] attached to a exercise area [run] :)

Yeh I wasnt too sure If I was allowed to advertise on here either :/
But the money will be going towards the bunnies parents so its a good cause :)
I dont want to do them as freebies because I have been hearing horrible stories about people taking on free animals :(
But that is a good idea about doing home checks :) ;)

It might be worth reading the two stickied threads in Health. The one about breeding talks about responsible ways to rehome babies :)

You can't sell on here, so I don't think you would be allowed to, to be honest.

You could put them on rabbit rehome but you can't 'sell' them on there. You will probably find them better homes on there too but as a rescue we would of vaccinated them by now which is why rescues have adoption fees and don't make money. There is myxi around in the wild population and I saw 2 last week with it.

Selling them I don't think will bring forward the best homes as lots of people ring up wanting baby bunnies for completely the wrong reasons (like wanting kittens and puppies).

I would try and make money to neuter the adults by other means ie selling cakes, crafts to friends, family, selling some stuff on Ebay, car boot etc. I'd try and get the money to vaccinate the babies and then put them for adoption on Rabbit Rehome with an adoption fee towards that cost. When we first started out we had to always think of new ways to make money and funding the constant vaccinations and neuters was a nightmare................in fact it still is but rehoming animals responsibly is the most important thing and giving new owners the best advice on neutering, care, feeding etc.

Back