• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oscar's poorly :( UD p22 all better!

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
Just got back from the vets with Oscar because he is refusing his food- including pellets and broccoli- his favourite!

He was fine when we left this morning, but when OH got home this evening he found Oscar had knocked over the water bowl and was lying in the puddle of water. Not sure if it's related or not though. He is very quiet as well, just sat under the chair at the moment. Don't know how long he's been like it.

Vet isn't sure what it is at the moment, no signs of problems with teeth, etc. He mentioned it maybe a slight concussion or a hair blockage, but has said to keep an eye out for signs of something more serious. He's given is a salt and sugar solution for him tonight, and said to bring him back if there is no improvements/signs or deterioration tomorrow.

My poor boy :(

Last edited:
Thank you, he is so quiet and unlike himself at the moment, I'm really worried :(

Personally I would contact another Vet tonight

Has he passed any poo today ?

Did the Vet take his temperature ?

Check in his ears ?

Listen to his heart and lungs ?

Examine his abdomen and bladder ?

He is obviously in some discomfort and I really cannot understand why pain relief has been withheld

Oh dear, I'm very sorry he is poorly. Like Jane, I would definitely try to get pain relief tonight if at all possible.

Personally I would contact another Vet tonight

Has he passed any poo today ?

Did the Vet take his temperature ?

Check in his ears ?

Listen to his heart and lungs ?

Examine his abdomen and bladder ?

He is obviously in some discomfort and I really cannot understand why pain relief has been withheld

He was eating and pooing this morning at about half 8 when I left, nobody was home from then until this evening when he wasn't eating. There were poos in the litter tray but they could have been Jessie's or a mixture of both.

Vet didn't take his temperature, but did check ears, listened to his heart and was feeling his stomach, chest, etc...

Still not eating or drinking, and he is trembling ever so slightly too :(

I don't know what to do, I really don't think it would be possible for us to get to another vet since we have no transport. This vet we went to is supposed to be very rabbit savvy- this one if you know it?
http://www.gilmoorvets.com/durham-practice.html

I sympathise with the transport problem, as I don't drive and depend on lifts for any out of hours treatment. Is there nobody you could ask?

Sending more vibes for Oscar. xx

I sympathise with the transport problem, as I don't drive and depend on lifts for any out of hours treatment. Is there nobody you could ask?

Sending more vibes for Oscar. xx

I will call round to see if anyone can help, most people I get lifts from live a good half hour away though :?

He is having a bit of a hop around the kitchen every now and again, but then goes back under the chair. He's sniffing at his water bowl (one with plain water and one with the salt/sugar solution) but ignoring both...

I think moving around is normally an encouraging sign, but I would keep trying any options of getting him to a vet.

He's had a little bit of something to eat, licking bits of mushed up pellets off OH's finger :love::love:

ETA: very hit or miss if he will take it though, but it's a start at least

Last edited:
sending vibes for oscar, sounds positive the licking mashed pellets, but if you can please try and get him to a vet, many times ive seen,. heard rabbits
go downhill with gi statis and we all now how awful it can be x

He's had a little bit of something to eat, licking bits of mushed up pellets off OH's finger :love::love:

ETA: very hit or miss if he will take it though, but it's a start at least

I'm so sorry to hear that Oscar is unwell.

I really hope that he starts to improve very, very soon.

I will say a little prayer for his recovery.

Poor little Oscar. Please get better.:love:

Back