• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny and decorating issues?

shadow05

Mama Doe
couldnt think of wat to name the post.

basically im having to decorate again because the damp problem in my room has returned but now its gotten worse and is now mould in some places. i wud leave it but one i dont want there to be a chance that scooter cud get ill from it and 2 because of this im having to restrict scooters free range places so as to make sure its not by much like but id like to not have a pen streched out along the length of my walls.

so im having to take scooter out of my room for a couple of days until i can get it all finished and safe for him to go back in. im estimating that it will take about 3 to 4 days altogether so hell need to be out of the room for them days. unfortunately there is no placw to put him apart from the room which isnt ideal. its where the family dog is and its all so where everybody smokes basically which im not very happy about. my concern is wud he be okay in there for those couple of days provided that there is good air circulation. hes been in here before but it was during the summer and all the windows where open and the front door. he enjoyed it quit a lot and was more behaved for those days.

id put him outside for a little while but its still cold out and hes an indoor bunny so its not an ideal thing for him.

As Scooter already has history of respiratory issues i would NEVER put him in a room that has had in the past, let alone currently has cigarette smoke constantly.

Do you have a conservatory, or a spare room, or another room?

As Scooter already has history of respiratory issues i would NEVER put him in a room that has had in the past, let alone currently has cigarette smoke constantly.

Do you have a conservatory, or a spare room, or another room?

no basically the only smoke free room is my room. he doesnt have a history of respiratory problem though? that was all paranoia on my part and a lot of moulted fur in his cage that had gotten stuck to the carpet.

no basically the only smoke free room is my room. he doesnt have a history of respiratory problem though? that was all paranoia on my part and a lot of moulted fur in his cage that had gotten stuck to the carpet.

In several of your other posts you'd mentioned sneezing, nasal discharge, discharge from the corners of the eyes, that was why.

I don't really have another suggestion unfortunately.

i know i did but that was me being paranoid he still sneezes now but its rare and its normally when hes lying down on that carpet i try to hover it as much as possible. at least its lessend hes now has new places to sleep now so it more rare.

i dnt know wat to do with him either. :( luckily my moms ill at moment so there will be less smoke.

I would also recommend you ask someone on here but also would like to suggest keeping him in the bathroom while the paint is drying. Is that possible at all?

I'd see if someone could take him for a few days. But also, redecorating won't solve your damp problem, just cover it up for a while. It'll still be there.

I would also recommend you ask someone on here but also would like to suggest keeping him in the bathroom while the paint is drying. Is that possible at all?

no the bathrooms not ideal the doors broke and its a complete mess which i can clean up but that room is worser than my room for damp its everywhere. :)

I'd see if someone could take him for a few days. But also, redecorating won't solve your damp problem, just cover it up for a while. It'll still be there.

i know ive had to get a dehumidifier for now because i cant get the wall dry so ill have to wait until weathers better. also i cant just give him to some one i dont know very well. ive had him for 2 years now and hes never been left with any body that i dont trust. no offense im confident that anybody cud take care of him for a couple of days but i dont trust anybody because i dont know anybody on here well enough.

Back