• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new guinea-pig (who needs a name)

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from my thread in general chat about whether I can bond a single male guinea-pig with a friend, I thought I'd add a few photos of the pig in question.

He was called Peanut when I adopted him but I want to give him a new name - the people who didn't want him gave him that name:cry:

These are some photos of him exploring my bed. I don't think he has been handled much as he is still very wary when I first pick him up, but soon settles down for cuddles:love:

Peanut25112.jpg

Peanut251126.jpg

Peanut251123.jpg

Peanut251124.jpg

Awww he's adorable!:love: What about Cuddles?

I've love to get a pair of guinea pigs but must must must resist.......

I thought he was quite big for six months but I don't know a lot about guinea-pigs - but am learning fast!

I just want him to have a new name as he came from the Adoption part of PAH because his previous owners said he 'didn't mix' and I think his new start deserves a brand new name.

He is lovely - it was the way he looked at me and squeaked when I was looking at the hamsters. He knew what he wanted. He had been in PAH since 4 January and I think he was Fed Up!!!

Last edited:
Look at him exploring :love:

What a beautiful colour he is. His fur looks so strokable - is he semi-longhaired?

Seeing him has bought tears to my eyes he looks just like my bridge piggy Buttercup :cry: he's adorable :love::love: not sure what i would call him, i like the name peanut but i dont think it suits him :?

:shock: ....... I want guinea pigs! :love: He is so so cute :love: I like Oink too :D

I love the 3rd picture. He's like "you know mommy, I think I'll like it here" :love:

Back