• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transport needed from south Cambs to Glastonbury, Somerset.

sammi_83

Warren Scout
I know this isn't in the transport part of the forum but I am going in to hospital saturday morning and am desperately trying to sort transport out before it's too late.

I posted a thread last week about 2 bunnies I had taken in after a relative threatened to dump them if I didn't take them.
Anyway the lovely Geoff's people/person (I cant remember which it is now and I've only just posted on her other thread!) has offered the 2 bunnies a forever home and I just need to figure out how to get them from me to her.

Someone offered transport on the other thread but I'm still waiting to hear back from them and time is getting on now so I thought I would see if anyone else could help.

The bunnies need to get from me in south Cambs (postcode cb22 7rp) as I cant drive and my brother was in a car accident 2 weeks ago so he doesn't have a car.
And they need to get to Glastonbury, Somerset.

If anyone can help please let me know.
I dont have much longer left to get this sorted before I go :(

Hey all!
It doesn't neccasarily (sp?) have to be all the way to glasto, I can bus it to say bristol or bath, tha sort of distance. unfortunately hubby is in Ireland as of the weekend so i have no lift. but i can do public transport:D

I am in Cambridge and can keep the buns from Friday until the bunrun as long as its no more than a week (unfair on them if longer as they will be in xlarge dog crate).

I can also do 1hr 30mins towards Glastonbury from Cambridge if someone can pay petrol (cannot do without that as too many of own buns to pay for).

hope we can get sorted - how long is OH in Ireland for???

I have googled it and asked Steve but it is just too far, sorry :(

Thanks for looking - its longer than the routefinders etc say - they are quoting 2hr36mins from Cambridge just to Bath - I know the route well and its about 3hrs 30 from me to Bath and thats with good traffic conditions and not including a break.

Yes thanks for looking Hugo's there :)
I know it's a long journey and it might be difficult to arrange but I'm trying!

I will offer petrol money to anyone who can help. Although being in hospital for 6 weeks means I wont be getting any money for 6 weeks so cant offer a major amount which I'm sorry about.

can do 2 hours from mine, either later today or tomorrow morning to fit around my work. the only thing is i only have one carrier....and would prefer to avoid the m25!

Fear not peoples!:D:D:D:D
My hubby is a hero and is going to detour his way home on Sunday morning to collect the bunnies if this is Ok with Parsnipbun! Bless him!
I knew I married him for a reason:love::love:

If I could keep the other offers as back up just in case, but I'm sure that Dolly and Matilda (named them already:D) will be in Somerset by Sunday evening:thumb:
Thanks to you all soooooo much, It really means alot to Sammi and I:love::love:

Oh your hubby is an absolute star! How sweet of him.

Thankfully parsnipbun has very kindly offered to collect the bunnies from me tonight or tomorrow evening so this is all sorted then.

Dolly and Matilda are looking forward to meeting their new mummy, daddy and husbun that they have to share!

This is a huge weight off my shoulders and I can go away on saturday knowing the buns will be ok.
Thank you so much everyone. x

These lovely buns are now with me - and will be collected by their new owners on Sunday for the trip down to Glastonbury (they are rather early for the festival methinks:wave:)

They did indeed!! I am not sure if she has been back on since - they lead packed lives with goats and sheep and all sorts of animals and a huge area of land - the bunnies are going to a paradise!!!

They did indeed!! I am not sure if she has been back on since - they lead packed lives with goats and sheep and all sorts of animals and a huge area of land - the bunnies are going to a paradise!!!

Awwwwwwww good news :D I kept looking for updates haha

Back