• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft / fleecy grippy rug suitable for smooth stone floor?

Vita

Mama Doe
And even better if it's cheap...

The kitchen floor is slippery, and I'd like to put a rug on it for Ada - also so that I don't keep sliding around like I do on her other mats.

Heavy and not good for digging would be great.

Ada is a rex, so the rug should be as soft as possible, but also easy to wash / hoover. The room is really big.

i have a similar problem in the shed. i had carpet tiles which eventually just got damp and smelly so i pulled them up and got lino.
the girls were fine but Buddy hated it and sat stranded for 2 days in the litter tray! :roll:

i went out and got 2 carpet runners from B&Q. they are long, rubber backed and easily thrown into the washing machine.
i put 2 down side by side so they cover most of the floor and have a spare set so one set in the wash, one set down.
they were about £10/12 each but wear well and more to the point Bud is happy again! :D

you can kind of see them here, they do different colours and textures.

extendedrun005.jpg

We got a 'rug' from Dunelm Mill. I don't think they have shops everywhere though. Ours is kind of foamy stuff. It washes at 30 degrees. It comes in lots of patterns/plain colours. It's on a roll, so they cut it to the length you want in the shop. The bunnies get on fine on it.

Please excuse the bunny poo/hay :oops:

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

Back