• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any reputable rabbit rescues in Devon area

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Or slightly further depending :)

Been thinking of getting a husbun for my Rosie finally :) but I don't know very much about bonding, never done it before and have no idea how Rosie will react. So I am hoping I can find one that can help me through the process of bonding and finding the right one for my bunny. Does anyone know of any rescues in Devon or slightly further away? Or maybe just someone near me with a lone male bun that needs rehoming with a companion? Thanks :)

There don't seem to be many in the south west unfortunately - may be worth checking the RSPCA website, as their small animals are on the main site now and searchable by area.

Also, consider rescues such as BARC and HoneyBunnies who rehome nationally :wave:

Depending on how far you are willing to travel, Alice at Windwhistle Warren in Gloucestershire has lots of bunnies, not all of them are shown on Rabbit Rehome as there are so many.

Last Saturday I made the journey down there with Bentley (about 2 and a half hours drive) and he came back with a friend :love: so it was well worth the trip. :D Alice got the bonding process started and Bentley & Minnie travelled home together. If you're not happy with doing the bonding, then it might be worth contacting Alice to see if she could do it for you, or at least get the process started.

Good luck in finding a companion for Rosie. :wave:

Pay a visit to woodside http://www.woodsidesanctuary.org.uk/ in Plympton. Talk to them about whether they will let you bring a boy back if the bonding really doesn't work and try another boy. Make sure you have details about your setup etc and whether it meets their requirements. Their website isn't always up to date as they have quite a high turnover of rabbits but they have quite a few pens in their bunny shed and I think they take care of them well. I don't know if they vaccinate or neuter them all, so that's another thing to talk about.

Thanks everyone :) one question, how far do you think a rabbit could cope with in a car traveling, or maybe even a train

Back