• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sometimes I think.. Are my 2 actually Rabbits??

It frustrates me that a lot of people who dont own rabbits as pets see them as something that you would just leave in the street if it walked past you...

A few comments i've heard...

"he's having his teeth done? how much will that cost?? put him in the pot its cheaper?" - that upsets me but you just have to grin and bear it.

Rabbits can be left alone all day unlike dogs.. who need walking - thats winds me up.. if a rabbit was left on his own all day with no food and no fresh hay etc.. he would proably last a few days at the most before he dies

My two are very clever, and yes although they dont sit on command.. or rollover etc they do things people wouldnt dream rabbits can do..

They know that when they get cleaned out they will have some treats hidden away for them to search for in amongst their hay etc. they jump straight back in the cage and search for them.

You put your head by the cage and they come over sniffing your mouth.. this is because we hold a small milk drop between our lips and they know that more often than not if they come over to us they will get a treat.

Happy Flops!!

they have their own room - but guarenteed around 9pm every night they will come upstairs and see if we have put their fresh greens down and carots for them. if we havent they go down. we'll go and do their fresh greens drop a little down by them in there room and they follow us upstairs as they know they have food waiting.

They come when you call them

when i tickle by their tails they turn round and lick my hand (obviously feels nice for them)

barney snuggles in and really grips tight when your holding him...

These are just a few things to why I love my bunnies so much (i know i sound saft cos i'm a bloke) but I just think they are too cute.

Does anone elses bunny have any traits that they love etc that make them special??

i love how oscar runs between my legs and jumps up in a morning wanting attention, how he come when you call him and how he jumps in his hay tray when he sees a carrier bag because hes expecting there to be hay in it for him. oh and how when he knows your concentrating he sits patiently waiting for you to finish but quickly gets fed up and just jumps on to my knee and sits looking at you as not knowing what to do but he just couldnt deal with sitting waiting anymore bless him :roll:
its these little things that people who dont have bunnies cant understand or those with them but cant experience due to their 'its only a rabbit' mentality :(

One of my favourite things Cloud does is that he'll do a couple of mad dashes and jumps around the room, then stop suddenly and sit up looking at me as if to say "What are you looking at?" ^_^

"he's having his teeth done? how much will that cost?? put him in the pot its cheaper?" - that upsets me but you just have to grin and bear it.

No, you don't - I simply retort with something like "I'll remember that advice when your mother/father/brother/sister or child has a toothache" :)

When I'm all set for watching a film on the floor or on the sofa, it doesn't take more than 5 minutes before a 5 kgs. fluffball sits next to me with her head to the ground wanting a good groom - there's nothing more relaxing than a good movie and a soft bunny :)

My little buck always licks my nose after a grooming session, like he is thanking me :)

I'm a guy myself, and I LOVE my bunnies :love::love:

charlie licks my nose and grooms my dressing gown when im wearing it

when i come into my rooom honey jumps on my bed so she can get at my level and see what im doing:love::love:

they follow me eveywhere!!!!(im sure they think they are dogs!)lol

they are just AWESOME!:thumb:

Finx jumps on my lap while I'm crouched inside ther run to say hello - we both carefully balance as there's not really enough space for me in there, but she's not bothered.

Tango comes and nudges me, then hops a little distance away, as if to say "no, I don't like people, but I appreciate the food, new home and new girlfriend!"

I also love the way that Finx stands up and puts her front paws on my when she's on the table at the vets - makes me feel like I am a safe place :)

They sound like rabbits to me!

People who have never met pet bunnies find it hard to understand I think. My friends who have come round and spent time with Hopscotch are always amazed at what he gets up to when he's allowed! When I had two of my Uni friends down to see me, they were amazed at his ability to knock over the tube of Pringles, and then pick it up and put it upright again! He did it repeatedly :lol:

They sound like rabbits to me!

People who have never met pet bunnies find it hard to understand I think. My friends who have come round and spent time with Hopscotch are always amazed at what he gets up to when he's allowed! When I had two of my Uni friends down to see me, they were amazed at his ability to knock over the tube of Pringles, and then pick it up and put it upright again! He did it repeatedly :lol:

Barney and Ted like playing with their food bowls.. one will take it out and the other will drag it back ad put it in the right place..

They are very intelligent. Its a shame people didnt understand or take notice as much

One of my favourite things Cloud does is that he'll do a couple of mad dashes and jumps around the room, then stop suddenly and sit up looking at me as if to say "What are you looking at?" ^_^

I love this.. Sometimes ours will scare themselves.. charge around for a few secs then wonder what happened lol

Back