• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rum and Raisin, video post 60

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
Well life is all wonderful and very calm here. They have the run of the kitchen together and the door is open to the living room so they can come through if they want. They are resting together today mainly snuggled together under the kitchen table.

The main difference to yesterday is which crate they go in. Yesterday they would go and sit and chill under the stool in their own crates. Today however they are both using Raisin's base to eat and drink in. It's amazing watching them side by side munching food and resting.:D

They are also very good at worming time and don't put up much resistance. Gives me a great chance for a wee cuddle too!:D

Last edited:
That sounds really nice. Must be lovely to have such cute little buns running about :_)

Is this likely to be a permanent setup, or will there be a "formal" bonding attempt at some point?

That sounds really nice. Must be lovely to have such cute little buns running about :_)

Is this likely to be a permanent setup, or will there be a "formal" bonding attempt at some point?

I am going to continue to separate them at night for a while. Once I see them constantly use the same base and am totally happy with them they will be back together full time.

I am so pleased that it is working out so well. I still believe separating at the point we all decided on has actually benefited them greatly as it more than likely means they will be together happily in the long run :love::love: It could have been such a different story if they had stayed together despite the humping and scuffles leading to serious fall out and injury.

I can't wait to hear that they are back together full time :D

I am so pleased that it is working out so well. I still believe separating at the point we all decided on has actually benefited them greatly as it more than likely means they will be together happily in the long run :love::love: It could have been such a different story if they had stayed together despite the humping and scuffles leading to serious fall out and injury.

I can't wait to hear that they are back together full time :D

Definitely, something was causing that behaviour and if it had been allowed to continue I am sure one of them would have needed stitches.

The set up is because we ask chatted before they came here and using everyone's experience we had a plan of action for them. I am concerned that at night when the house is quiet and there are no distractions that they might start up again.

Sounds like they are doing great and you all decided on the best plan of action that was in their best interest and it is working. I wonder if all the traveling and moving houses was more stressful than they let on and that is what caused the humping. What ever it was I am very happy for them. They have a wonderful home and lots of caring backup from lots of people who care about them.

Definitely, something was causing that behaviour and if it had been allowed to continue I am sure one of them would have needed stitches.

The set up is because we ask chatted before they came here and using everyone's experience we had a plan of action for them. I am concerned that at night when the house is quiet and there are no distractions that they might start up again.

There is no rush to leave them together at night, they are happy, in their forever home and getting to be together supervised so let it take as long as it takes :D

Got some more pics today! They are feeling at home now and there was a short episode of humping. Tonight they have switched crates and will do so every night so neither can feel territorial in their own one.

Their litter training is awesome, they have the odd dropping around their crate but the vast majority and all their wee is in their litter boxes.:shock:

The living room can now cope, all cabled things are on one wall so I have used a folding run to protect it.

20120124_132415.jpg

20120124_130409.jpg

20120124_173836.jpg

20120124_173759.jpg

aw lovely, I must admit when I saw the pics yesterday I was worried they might get territorial over their own crates and not let the other in and fight but swapping every night is perfect :thumb:
I know you know what your doing - They are lovely and are very lucky buns to have you :love: :love:

aw lovely, I must admit when I saw the pics yesterday I was worried they might get territorial over their own crates and not let the other in and fight but swapping every night is perfect :thumb:
I know you know what your doing - They are lovely and are very lucky buns to have you :love: :love:

Yes, I didn't want any issues when they go and visit each other.

They really have made themselves at home !! :love:

Amazingly quickly!! It's lovely seeing them flopped out Under the kitchen table!

Back