• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone got a setup in PART of a shed, rather than the whole thing?

esupi

Warren Veteran
We have a 7x5 shed in which we store bikes, a lawnmower, barbecue and a few odd tools etc.
It occurred to me that I could put a shelf in over the bikes along the 'long side', and effectively create a 7 x 2 space which could house a pair of buns (with mesh across the front so they can't fall off!). Runaroud tunnel + catflap could then provide access to a run outside.

I think it could be a nice little setup and wouldn't cost much. It'd be ideal at the moment too as we're undecided about whether to move house - this wouldn't need us to buy something new which might quickly become the wrong thing somewhere else.

Does anyone have something similar? Can anyone think of reasons against doing this?

I used to.

I'm not sure on sizing etc. but because mine wasn't a permanent set up like that, the rabbits were constantly into everything and peeing on it all.

But, that was when I was more naive about the naughtiness of buns!!

I don't see why it wouldn't work if you had it permanently sectioned off. They'd need a wider gap to play in though I think sometimes? Would you attach a run?

I have space for a 5x5 run next to the shed, or possibly a longer one in front. I thought they could have permanent access, via a runaround tube or enclosed ramp running down the long side of the shed and out through the side.

My two were in the shed with all of my dads tools in. They chewed through EVERYTHING. The lanwmower, a few of my dads power tools. The actual shed. They lived in a hutch in there and could go in and out as they pleased - probably wasnt the best idea. But now we have them in a dog crate in the porch. When we move out from my mums house I hope to get them their own shed.

Back