• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ive changed Vets this weekend

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
I posted a little while ago asking about rabbit savvy vets in my area, well one vet came up more than others.

I visited my original vet last week with one of the cats for a check up and our vet had left before xmas, since then its a different vet everytime ive been in which is very regular. I felt that there was no continuity and they dont build up a relationship with the client when its a different vet constantly.

So I rang the recommended vet with a list of questions for my cats and rabbits, they were very helpful and pleasant so Ive swapped. Its a bit further to travel, maybe 20mins and the emergency out of hours is with my old vet:oops: but hopefully I wont need to go to them often, although my lot have a tendency to be ill on Sundays!

My tom cat is booked in for his monthly weight watchers appointment with them next month and one of my girly cats will be visiting them soon, sounds daft but Im a bit apprehensive of going somewhere different. Im sure its just me cos I was so used to Shona my old vet she saw the ups and the downs of my little menagerie.

The new vets doesnt appear to be as new and shiny as my old vets but its the quality of care I want not fancy receptions. The rabbit savvy vet also works out of my old practice but I never saw her, she comes highly recommended so I have high hopes when my 2 need there next mixi in 4 months time. ( we are currently on 2 mixi a year in our area)

So thats my news.

Well done, I hope the new vets live up to your expectations! I'm also currently looking around for a new vet and I have a whole list of questions that Im going to grill them with :lol:

Back