• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BeeBee and Elphie - a little introduction

BeeBee

Mama Doe
Hi all :wave:

I have just been given the nudge by GrahamL to put some piccies up and I suppose it was about time as I have been lurking on here for a while now.

I am the very proud mummy of BeeBee (8month old orange mini lop) and Elphie (6month old chinchilla lionhead)

I have had BeeBee since he was a little 8week old baby, and have learnt more about rabbits in this time than I thought possible.

He came from a woman who on paper,phone,email seemed brilliant but I learnt the real truth. His mother died when he was 21 days old, and he lost a sibling as well but I was assured all would be okay and he was fine.

I had only had Bee two weeks when he didn't quite look right so off to the vets we went. The vet said he was in statis but we had caught it early so on all the meds we went, bee took a turn for the worse and 2days later we moved him inside and had fans on him to keep him cool on 6types of medicines and on 2hourly meds and syringe feeding. The vets didn't hold out hope for him but my little man proved them all wrong and survived it, however he has a very sensitive tummy and I'm constantly on the look out for statis and bloat but having been so close to him as a baby I spot the signs with him easily.
He is a 100% hay bunny as pellets dont seem to work with him and he eats more hay than I can imagine... People didn't believe I only had one bunny the amount we get through.

BeeBee went for his spay( he was a girl up to this point) in December and turns out he was a boy so we carried on with the castration and got him all recovered and this is where Elphie came into our lives.

Bee is such a laid back affectionate bunny but there was a little niggle inside me knowing that I do everything I physical and emotionally can for him and spend hours with him everyday but I can't speak rabbit, and I dread to think what would happen if I tried to bink :lol:

I got in touch with Becky86 and lots of lovely emails later and Beebs went up to x-vic-x's house on the 7th Jan to meet Elphie. They came back to me on the 12th Jan and I can't believe they haven't been together for life. I spent 3days on the lounge floor watching their every move before they went out to the wendyhouse and I couldn't ask for it to have gone any smoother and I can't imagine bee as a single bunny again.

Elphie has taught bee so much and he is now starting to try spring greens with no effect on his tummy and she taught him to chew twigs as well not just chin them.
Sorry for my long ramble:oops:

Here are some piccies of the terrible twosome :love: xx

Bonding inside
b96583db.jpg

Just moved into the bottom level
8fbad52e.jpg

Bees favourite past time
f1b2270a.jpg

Investigating another level
c169d4d4.jpg

Waiting for their twigs (courtesy of Fluffers)
930baf89.jpg

What mess were just eating our greens
9cb95997.jpg

Fluffers twigs are the best
9b3315e2.jpg

Mummy what you got for us
eeaeb874.jpg

Bunny bums
12139571.jpg

Elphie cuddles after her brush
c3fd7352.jpg

Snuggles
499dd98b.jpg

Elphie :love:
f66e3185.jpg

BeeBee
b1ead1eb.jpg

Last edited:
Oh they are just gorgeous together!! :love::love::love: Its so lovely to see them so happy together, and I am really pleased all the bonding went fine etc.

(Sorry I am very late to this thread, I havent been able to get on much this last week, and then I was searching to see if there was any news about their bonding, so I am really pleased its gone brilliantly). :D

Awwwwh :love: They look so happy!

We cannot thank you enough for giving Elphie her forever home :) We know she will want for nothing with you and Bee :)

Thank you to Helgalush and her kind husband who made this all possible :D Shows how everyone can pull together on RU to make lots of very happy bunnies :love:

Oh they are just gorgeous together!! :love::love::love: Its so lovely to see them so happy together, and I am really pleased all the bonding went fine etc.

(Sorry I am very late to this thread, I havent been able to get on much this last week, and then I was searching to see if there was any news about their bonding, so I am really pleased its gone brilliantly). :D

Aw thanks Helen, and as Becky has said thanks to your husband for coming out to do the homecheck, I really appreciate it. Having Elphie was the best thing I could of done :) xx

Awwwwh :love: They look so happy!

We cannot thank you enough for giving Elphie her forever home :) We know she will want for nothing with you and Bee :)

Thank you to Helgalush and her kind husband who made this all possible :D Shows how everyone can pull together on RU to make lots of very happy bunnies :love:

Thankyou for giving me the opportunity to give Elphie a forever home, she is a wonderful little girl who is coming on in leaps and bounds every day and is taking such good care of bee. Its wonderful to see and thanks to you for all your help, thanks to Vicky for the bonding I'm so grateful :love: xxx

Now I thought I may add some more pictures of them :love:

8c9fff60.jpg

ying and yang
9328164d.jpg

Washing ...
a1fe2e16.jpg

b0f650b8.jpg

c12cd8c3.jpg

:love:
d07264d8.jpg

Oooooo pineapple and papaya melange ....
c2780965.jpg

142d9217.jpg

:love: Oh they're both so cute!! Glad Bee got over the initial problems, and found such a gorgeous wife :love:

Thank you .. You would think he would spoil her to say Thankyou ... Nope she is always washing him she was doing his ears for him this morning :roll:

Just me posting some more pics .. Sorry for the overload, I never knew it was possible to love another bunny as much as I do bee but it is possible. I love my little Elphie moo so much and she has been such a perfect companion to bee, he struggled after his dental in December but she went with him on Thursday and he made a miraculous recovery and I couldnt believe him when I picked them up. The vet nurse said she never left his side and groomed him all afternoon whilst he was in recovery.

We have also had a break through with her, she is now first to greet me in the morning and she groomed my hand last night .. It may not seem much to some people but to me it meant the world :love:

7b3ca5e0.jpg

f51c1bd2.jpg

3b544964.jpg

Mess what mess mum ?!
989fa71d.jpg

Back