• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long does moulting last? UD STILL moulting!

I had a Rex once. She was a house rabbit and was the worst ever. She was constantly molting and shedding,no brushes worked on her. She mostly groomed it off into piles everywhere or I used wet paper towels. My Nethie shedded twice a year only molted bad every other year. Julie (Californian) molts each season but she brushes nice and loves to be brushed. Chrissy the Rex liked to be brushed too but it did nothing for her.

My mini rex, Milly moults for about 9 months of the year. :roll: She moults all summer and all autumn and all spring. :lol:

My other mini rex, Molly only moults for a small amount in spring and autumn.

Ada is still moulting. That's about two weeks now.

I hope she isn't going to be a permamoult bunny!

Biscuits been moulting for ~3 weeks now, his are normally ~5-6 weeks.

Ginger's been trying to moult for ~18 months :lol: bless her, but thats due to illness.

Wow - 5-6 weeks? I didn't realise it was often that long. I need to be patient then.
It *is* just fluff, but the implications that moulting may be a trigger for gut problems concern me a little. I will be more relaxed if and when she finishes moulting.

After less than a week f moulting her spay fur had grown back, so I had been expecting it to stop soon.

Wow - 5-6 weeks? I didn't realise it was often that long. I need to be patient then.
It *is* just fluff, but the implications that moulting may be a trigger for gut problems concern me a little. I will be more relaxed if and when she finishes moulting.

After less than a week f moulting her spay fur had grown back, so I had been expecting it to stop soon.

:shock: without knowing she was quite ill, Ginger's took months to grow back :lol:

Neither Biscuit or Ginger have ever suffered any GI issues during moult to my memory, and dozens of others haven't either, as long as they are good hay eaters, any ingested fur should be passed through a well running GI tract :)

:shock: without knowing she was quite ill, Ginger's took months to grow back :lol:

Neither Biscuit or Ginger have ever suffered any GI issues during moult to my memory, and dozens of others haven't either, as long as they are good hay eaters, any ingested fur should be passed through a well running GI tract :)

That's good to know.

The regrowth of the fur was amazing. For weeks she had a bald rectangular patch on her belly. Then after about 3 days of moulting there was a coating of short white fur all over it, and then a few days later you couldn't see the difference between that area and the rest of her underside!

Clouds of tea-coloured fluff still come off when I stroke her.

I wonder what awareness they have of moulting and what they think about it all. Probably we will never know!

Back