• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some great news for Smoo!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I have been making a point of not feeling her abscess very often. The last time I felt it was about two weeks ago... and it's definitely smaller than it was then. :mrgreen:

This has just been on penicillin injections and pain relief. I really didn't think it would work and that she'd have to have another operation, but if she keeps on going like this then she won't. :D

I also still haven't vaccinated her. She was due before Christmas but when the first abscess popped up and she went into stasis and had her operation I held it off until the new year. Before the new year even came the second abscess popped up and so I held off her vaccination again. I don't know whether this is a good idea or not? I need her immune system to be as good as it can possibly be to beat this abscess. What would you do?

So good to hear about Smoo.:love: Hope Grim is fitting fit and the chins and Genghus. Not forgetting the snow patrol, have I got that right ?

Mate wants her laptop back, so catch up a bit later.

So pleased for Smoo - and you of course. :thumb: My gut feel would be hold off from vaccinating, but I would go by what your own instinct is telling you deep down.

So good to hear about Smoo.:love: Hope Grim is fitting fit and the chins and Genghus. Not forgetting the snow patrol, have I got that right ?

Mate wants her laptop back, so catch up a bit later.

Grim is doing amazingly! You wouldn't believe it. my vets have been **** holes with getting me his medication so I'm only going to All Creatures now as they actually understand his illnesses.

My little ham ham is touch and go. He's had a full two week course of antibiotics for a suspected urinary tract infection but I'm not sure how well he's doing.

So pleased for Smoo - and you of course. :thumb: My gut feel would be hold off from vaccinating, but I would go by what your own instinct is telling you deep down.

Mine is to hold off too. I know she's at risk from the diseases, but what's the point of being vaccinated if she can't fight the abscess. :?

Grim is doing amazingly! You wouldn't believe it. my vets have been **** holes with getting me his medication so I'm only going to All Creatures now as they actually understand his illnesses.

My little ham ham is touch and go. He's had a full two week course of antibiotics for a suspected urinary tract infection but I'm not sure how well he's doing.

Oh no, hope he will be alright.

Glad to hear Grim is going so well. Does it mean more travel to All Creatures ? What a shame.:(

Back