• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A WARNING......Has your bun ever done this or something similar?

basirascal

Mama Doe
Just packing the plates in the dishwasher tonight and took my attention off the job for a few seconds only to hear my DH shriek 'Twinkie'! and there he was, in a flash he must have scrambled into the dishwasher and was investigating the crocks:shock: Thank God we noticed him before shutting the door because I don't think we would have thought of looking for a missing bunny in the dishwasher. A sharp reminder I think to be extra careful with house bunnies and household appliances.:oops:

On the funny side he scrambled back out covered in gravy:shock::lol:

Last edited:
:shock: Haha that is funny - silly twinkle but also scary how quick something like that could happen!!
When my Sooty was a house bun she would always pay extra attention to the washing machine so I always checked where she was before I switched it on!

Good warning! :thumb:

My Poppy Peaches when she was a tiddler, crawled in the tumble dryer vented hose and in to the tumble dryer - she must have thought it was a tunnel and ended up inside the machine :shock::shock: it took about 15 minutes to get her out and I was FRANTIC with worry, my arm stretching inside the pipe - I could feel her fluffy butt but she obviously couldn't turn round as there wasn't enough room. I think I gently 'dragged' her out backwards by her fluffy butt in the end! She was fine though a bit dusty - phewww!! Scary!!

DSCN1325.jpg

I always check where the girls are when I load the washing machine - just in case. Pretty scary stuff.

I agree ^^ Although he did look really funny when he scrambled out. The longer I have had to think about it, the worse I feel:oops: What if I had switched the wretched thing on? Doesn't bear thinking about......:( I will be much more vigilant in future.

glad you realsed, always got to keep are eyes open and be aware, as they are like toddlers really investigating anythng they can

Sharik spent 45 minutes in a closed bedroom drawer - when the cleaner opened it (thank God it was Frida9), Sharik launched herself at her before hopping off to her litter tray for good sulk :roll:

When we stay at my boyfs parents house Hitley is obsessed with the windowsill and will always eye up jumping onto it which he has done before when the window is shut but boyfs mum always has the heating on so mostly I open it and have to watch hitley like a hawk as can envisage him flying out through the window.....scamp!

The washing machine and the tuble dryer scare me. I always have to check for animals inside. :shock:

Sharik spent 45 minutes in a closed bedroom drawer - when the cleaner opened it (thank God it was Frida9), Sharik launched herself at her before hopping off to her litter tray for good sulk :roll:

:shock:.......................................................:lol:

I shut Max in our coat closet a few days back. He'd somehow nipped in there when I was hanging my coat up and Id shut him in. I was running round in a blind panic when I couldnt find him anywhere :oops: When I opened the door he was just sitting there munching on a stray strand of hay :roll:

Daisy tried to climb in the toilet one! The door now gets shut as my other half cant remember to put the seat down never mind the lid!

Good thread :thumb:
I had a hole in the floor of the cupboard for the boiler. Went to switch on the hot water one night & just managed to grab Thumper before he went for walkies between the floor boards & the downstairs ceiling.
Rabbits are gorgeous and they all seem to go through a phase of behaving like very high speed toddlers - into things you'd never imagine.

We have one of those old boliers which sit in the chimney with those horrible gas fires on the front. When Gasket was a baby, the first time I let him out in the lounge he promptly found a hole under the gas fire and climbed into the bolier. He was running around behind the pilot light. Thankfully I managed to tempt him out with some dandelion. :shock:

Back