• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Oscar - need your advice

Oscar is my 3year old buck. He has recently been really ill ang has a large lump on his foot which may or may not be cancerous. Eventually this lump will grow so that he has to be pts according to my vet but for the moment he is not in any pain we believe.
Anyway my concerns are that he is really lonely. He lost his wifey last year after two years together. I cant bond him due to him being ill and I'm not sure how long left iv got with my special boy. What can I do to help him he seems so sad especially at night. I give him a snuggle safe and he sits and grooms it whilst it's warm. He's never been alone only when he was at the rescue as he and his brother had had a fight which resulted in them ending up at the rescue so I got him as a husbun to my daisy who had just lost her sister. Now Daisy's gone I'm so worried. I'd love him to be a house bun but were trying to sell the house and my current bedroom is too small for him to live in. I just feel so useless and dont know what to do :(

Last edited:
Have you tried a small cuddly toy? When I lost one of my buns I put a cuddly toy in with him and he used to snuggle with it and groom it. Fortunately for me it was only a temporary measure, but if you have no option of getting a friend for him (because of his illness) it might help.

Have you tried a small cuddly toy? When I lost one of my buns I put a cuddly toy in with him and he used to snuggle with it and groom it. Fortunately for me it was only a temporary measure, but if you have no option of getting a friend for him (because of his illness) it might help.

Thanks can it be any kind of cuddly toy I have a box of my old ones some where

Brill - hopefully he'll be happier :)

With regards to the lump on his foot, can you seek a second opinion from another vet? 3 years old is still very young for a bun - I wouldn't want to think that this is definitely the right diagnosis for him x

vibes for Oscar and you- hope you enjoy some buntastic time with him before he goes! :(
i hope the cuddly toy thing works...

xxx me

ps. if you ever feel up to it would you mind prehaps doing my request for you to do a YouTube vid on how to make guinea pig snuggle sacks, cosy tunnels, cuddle cups, cushions etc and prehaps you could show me some of yours too...???
also it would be helpful if you told me were you bought the material like wadding etc...

Brill - hopefully he'll be happier :)

With regards to the lump on his foot, can you seek a second opinion from another vet? 3 years old is still very young for a bun - I wouldn't want to think that this is definitely the right diagnosis for him x

Unfortunately I already have and got the same results. He is currently happy in himself but the lump is now about the size of his foot but it isn't causing him any discomfort at present I don't believe

vibes for Oscar and you- hope you enjoy some buntastic time with him before he goes! :(
i hope the cuddly toy thing works...

xxx me

ps. if you ever feel up to it would you mind prehaps doing my request for you to do a YouTube vid on how to make guinea pig snuggle sacks, cosy tunnels, cuddle cups, cushions etc and prehaps you could show me some of yours too...???
also it would be helpful if you told me were you bought the material like wadding etc...

Unfortunately it's not a case of feeling up to it I have no time to source materials at the minute nevr mind make the actual things which takes a whe weekend alone. Iv got alot of exams at the minute plus my pets plus we're getting the house ready to sell so can't see me having the time to do it anytime soon sorry :(

Unfortunately it's not a case of feeling up to it I have no time to source materials at the minute nevr mind make the actual things which takes a whe weekend alone. Iv got alot of exams at the minute plus my pets plus we're getting the house ready to sell so can't see me having the time to do it anytime soon sorry :(

Well, what I meant was feeling up to it as in when you've eva got a free moment, but I read you haven't.
Thanks anyway, I suppose you can't really make any vids on YouTube anymore for the time being then.

Back