• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I encourage my new rabbit to come out of its crate?

okikokikate

Mama Doe
I got her from a rescue yesterday. The crate door is currently open but she is showing no.signs of coming out x

I got her from a rescue yesterday. The crate door is currently open but she is showing no.signs of coming out x

I'd let her stay there if she wants to. It's all new so I wouldn't want to worry her even more. In a day or so perhaps put her food bowl by the open crate door to encourage her. Other then that, I'd let her stay where she feels safest for now :)

Be patient :) She will need some time to settle and feel safe enough to explore.

Equally, sometimes they don't realise they can, or get a mental block about it. You can put her food outside the crate. When she is definitely settled, if she isn't willing to coem out then just gently lift her out and place her outside it, with some food, and hope that from then on she realises.

I had three fosters who just sat in their litter tray until I lifted them out of it and showed them the world was bigger than the litter tray :lol:

Might just have to be patient :) could still be getting used to her surroundings and where she can actually go :) when Poppy first came indoors she didn't get the hang of jumping in and out of the crate for a few days, she had a loose towel in the crate so it was slippy, when I put the blanket in and tucked the towel under the crate she was fine :)

Back