• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly has just got her claw caught and now it is hanging off

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,
Milly has just got her paw caught in her run and now her claw is hanging off. We were going to take her to the vet tomorrow to get it seen to or do you think we should go to the emergency vet tonight?

Many thanks,

x

I think it depends, how is your bunny? Is she feeling pain ie trying to get to the claw? Is there blood? Is there anyway you can safely snip the claw off (not if it's into the quick) cornflour I believe has been used to help stop bleeding but personally if it's torn off at the root or into the quick of the claw I'd get it seen to the vets, she could be in serious pain & not eat in the night as a result, I think the fact you're asking means you'd be better to be safe than sorry & go tonight. Good luck.

Thank you for replying :) It was bleeding but it stopped very quickly. I can see it poking out of the side of her paw. She is a very scared rabbit so we won't be able to pick her up to look at it. She is currently in the lounge running around and I have been sat with her in their room and she is eating. What do you reckon?

Is she a house rabbit then? Is she running on carpet? It's hard to say if she's running is a good thing, is she running happy or stressed ? I just noticed she's eating that's a good sign - might be worth settling her down with some nice hay & food & going down the vets first thing.

Last edited:
Back