• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Change in Blossom

weedug

Mama Doe
Blossom has developed problems with her leg joints being too lax. She is on metacam for the pain now.

My problem is that she has never been a great cuddle bun, but a few weeks ago she went quite quiet, and was more than happy for me to cuddle her :shock: and stroke her. I thought maybe she was just feeling better being on the metacam.

The past few days though, she has totally changed again. She grunts and launches herself at me sometimes, at others she will happily sit and let me stroke her again. If I put my hand in her run to pick something up, she will make a run for it, although she doesn't bite.

She is eating fine, although some of her poops have become slightly softer than usual. She eats masses of hay, but also picks up some of the larger pieces and throws them around. She has also started spending ages digging in her toilet.

Does it sound as if she may be in pain somewhere, or does anyone have any idea why she has changed so quickly?

she could be in some pain, but as bunnies hde things well we can only notice thngs through changes n behavour, when was the last time she was checked by a vet, maybe take her along for another consultation and raise your concerns wth your vet

She was at the vet for her myxo 2 weeks ago, and had a check then. She was really quiet and "friendly" then. Everything was fine, except for her legs.

Have to say the change in her behaviour would worry me. Has anything changed around her? It sounds as if her behaviour might be partly territorial.

I am a bit worried about her behaviour to change so much.

There hasn't been any change lately, that I can think of. I had thought it was territorial, but with the change in her poos I'm not so sure. She used to always have lovely golden poops. Now a lot of them are blacker and some are a bit soft.

I don't think she is quite as active just now, although she can still run when she is launching herself at me.

To be honest I am a bit worried to take her to the vet, as he has already expressed a concern about her legs, but I don't want her to be in pain, if that is what it is.

Is her throwing some hay around a sign of something? She also eats masses and masses of hay a day, so it's not that she can't eat it.

How I wish she could tell me what was wrong.

The change in her poos is a bit worrying. Maybe put a post in health and you might get a more expert reply.

Have you changed your hay atall as I know some of my lots poo. Go really black ect when I treat them to expensive. Hays apared to there normal farm hay

Have you changed your hay atall as I know some of my lots poo. Go really black ect when I treat them to expensive. Hays apared to there normal farm hay

All my buns have been on dust free hay because of Honey, until about a week ago, when I have allowed Blossom some H4P and various others. I reckon she could eat a bag a day!

Might be the other hays causing her a problem with her poo, so will go back to dust free for a bit.

I'll post in Health tomorrow, if she is still behaving differently, and see what comes up.

Will do. One little madam is enough for me, without Blossom joining in. She's making Faithy look like an angel :lol:

I'm interested in the comment about more expensive hays causing darker poops. Would you expect this from the cheap meadow hay Morrison's sell as bedding hay?

I find that as I normally use farm. tiimothy bale hay what all mine love and to be honest any rabbit I have. Had here have all loved it.
-
I know the field its haverst from and. Its great. Passing it seeing it growing

I find that as I normally use farm. tiimothy bale hay what all mine love and to be honest any rabbit I have. Had here have all loved it.
-
I know the field its haverst from and. Its great. Passing it seeing it growing

You are lucky to see it growing! I'm so jealous! I get the odd bale, but I'm not too taken with the ones I get. Buns always get mites in the summer when I use the bales.

I've taken to getting the dear stuff instead.

I keep saying I'm not going to buy any more posh hay for Spenser, then I do! :oops::oops: Really must stop though, as he is more likely to eat his Morrison's bedding hay than anything else. :roll: He had some farm hay from Ali last summer, but although he found it very interesting I can't honestly say that he ate much of it! :oops:

Back