• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies fighting-jack's ear injured :( advice?

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
Hubby didnt secure jack's cage properly and he got out while daisy was out. Hubby heard a commotion and discovered them fighting. Jack has scratches on his ear. Daisy seem fine. I have bathed the ear and given him metacam. He is eating and pooping ok.

Waiting on daisy being speyed so hope this doesnt affect bonding. Really upset for jack.

Last edited:
Do you think daisy will settle once she's been speyed? Is the currentaggression a sign the bond will be difficult? I can't bear for jack to get hurt again. Hope i've not made a mistake rescuing daisy :(

Naturally she will want to protect her territory, which is what she did on this occasion. This is why it's suggested to bond on neutral territory, to avoid this issue.

Accidents like this are not a guide to what would happen when bonding because the circumstances of bonding are different. Plus you would be there to supervise.

Try not to focus too much on what happened, just on getting him better and seeing if there is anything you can learn from what happened.

Thanks. They both seem fine. Jack's ear looks muck better today. De wont be allowing hubby to put them away again! Keeping everything crossed they bond!

Back