• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emergency vets again/ Sleep tight baby girl/ blood results p123/ PM results 137

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Seems to be getting a bit of a habit for our bunnies :cry::cry:

Gabby has been in stasis most of the day and is not responding to any treatment we are offering her. This is the third bout of stasis she has had since her neuter 2 weeks ago. The other times she responded well but not today. She had never been ill before her neuter :?

Was a bit worried when I rang up and said to the person answering the phone that I have a rabbit in stasis and there was a deathly silence. So I repeated myself and she eventually says "in what" :shock: I actually started to doubt myself that stasis existed! So she says I better speak to a nurse, comes back and says the nurse says we need to see her :roll: Which is what i was trying to organise in the first place.

Bless her she must be new and sounded very young bu when I told her what rabbits we have and that we are called Rainbow rabbits she got terribly excited about it :lol: I think she will be on a steep learning curve! She also asked if we knew the prices so I explained yes as we have been a lot recently. Then 5 minutes later she rang me back to ask if I new directions as she had forgotten to tell them to me!

Last edited:
Oh my! :shock:

Do hope she'll be alright. Can neutering trigger stasis for so long after?

Is it possible the neuter herniated slightly? :?

Sending loads of vibes...

Oh my! :shock:

Do hope she'll be alright. Can neutering trigger stasis for so long after?

Is it possible the neuter herniated slightly? :?

Sending loads of vibes...

I have no idea, she has been bright and lively in-between the bouts but it is weird how they have started since the neuter:? I know she had a difficult op as her uterus was very under developed and hard to find. They had cage rest for 5 days and after that only limited exercise :?

Poor Gabby, I hope the vet can work out the cause and that she feels better soon. :love:

The receptionist is quite new by the sounds of it, and possibly quite nervous & not thinking straight, bless her. :lol::lol:

Hmmm Thanks Jane. I have never experienced it before all our neuters have aways recovered well. If there has ever been an issue it has always been during the op itself.

What is the likely treatment/outcome of adhesions?

Poor Gabby, I hope the vet can work out the cause and that she feels better soon. :love:

The receptionist is quite new by the sounds of it, and possibly quite nervous & not thinking straight, bless her. :lol::lol:

Once we got talking she was actually quite sweet :D If I had rung up and said my bunny isn't eating we need to see a vet it would have been fine. Usually there is a nurse answering the phones. I think once she learns a bit of technical talk she will be a great receptionist :D

Hmmm Thanks Jane. I have never experienced it before all our neuters have aways recovered well. If there has ever been an issue it has always been during the op itself.

What is the likely treatment/outcome of adhesions?

The only case I have had was many years ago. The Doe had repeated episodes of gut stasis starting about a week after her spay. The first few responded to medical treatment, but then a full obstruction occurred. Back then I knew very little about Rabbit Medicine and I agreed to the Vet opening her up. The adhesions were located and removed, but of course they recurred shortly after surgery and I had to let her go :cry:

There are a few options for treatment to try to minimise the formation of adhesions if corrective surgery is attempted. But I did not know this at the time and it would seem that the Vet I used back then did not know either.

Try not to jump the gun though (rich coming from me :oops:), Gabby may not have adhesions at all xx

Sending lots of vibes for Gabby! Hope she starts nomming and pooing again asap and gets over her little stasis episodes!!

The only case I have had was many years ago. The Doe had repeated episodes of gut stasis starting about a week after her spay. The first few responded to medical treatment, but then a full obstruction occurred. Back then I knew very little about Rabbit Medicine and I agreed to the Vet opening her up. The adhesions were located and removed, but of course they recurred shortly after surgery and I had to let her go :cry:

There are a few options for treatment to try to minimise the formation of adhesions if corrective surgery is attempted. But I did not know this at the time and it would seem that the Vet I used back then did not know either.

Try not to jump the gun though (rich coming from me :oops:), Gabby may not have adhesions at all xx

Fingers crossed its something easy sorted :D

I did think that if she needs surgery to remove adhesions then surely this will encourage more adhesions to form :? and then we would be a situation like we were with Elwood where he needed surgery to remove scar tissue which in turn would cause more scar tissue :(

Yesterday we rushed Fifi to the vet, thankfully it was 30 mins before our own vet shut for the weekend. I noticed that stitches had suddenly appeared along her spay wound which was odd as she was glued :? It appears her body is rejecting the internal stitches and pushing them out of her body

Not overly impressed with that :( They gave a her a good check over but couldn;t find anything obviously wrong. Gave her a metacloprimide injection and charged £100

We are to take her back to our own vets in the morning if no change.......:roll:

Fingers crossed its something easy sorted :D

I did think that if she needs surgery to remove adhesions then surely this will encourage more adhesions to form :? and then we would be a situation like we were with Elwood where he needed surgery to remove scar tissue which in turn would cause more scar tissue :(

Yesterday we rushed Fifi to the vet, thankfully it was 30 mins before our own vet shut for the weekend. I noticed that stitches had suddenly appeared along her spay wound which was odd as she was glued :? It appears her body is rejecting the internal stitches and pushing them out of her body

Oh no - poor Fifi - how is she now?

Back