• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If you've never tried binkying around with your buns....

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
You're missing out!

Every morning me and Charlotte have a good old binky around together, one of us will start jumping round like a loon and the other joins in. We end up running up and down the lounge next to eachother, its hilarious :lol: This morning Max joined in aswell and we always binky out of the bathroom together (he likes to join me in there :roll:)

I can make Timmy binky almost on demand by saying "go on then Tim Tim" in a 'special' voice :oops: and Mimi responds if I sit next to her and flick my head :lol:

God I love my bunnies soooooooooooooooooooo much :love::love::love:

That made me laugh!! :lol::lol: That sounds great though, bet you and the bunnies have a great time! :D:love: I do chase my rats and play tig with them but never thought of binkying along with the buns!

my and Sebastian play chase in the garden :love: when its time to be shut away again I chase him round the garden (with lots of binkies from him) until he's had enough and comes and sits next to my feet :lol:

hehe yes my OH started doing this and to my amazement Domino joins in, now we all look like loons binkying around the living room together lol :lol::lol::lol: Jessica on the other hands sits and watches with utter unamusement lol

Last edited:
Please please PLEASE don't take this the wrong way - I'd never want to hurt anyone's feelings or spoil their fun in what is clearly one of the nicest possible experiences you can share with your buns, but...

..I'd be really careful about running anywhere near a bun. They're so unpredictable, and we're so unsteady when running (specially if you're doddery on your feet like me). There's real potential for tragedy here. Once or twice I've nearly fallen over onto a bun just by tripping up when walking, and it's really scared me to think of what the consequences could have been if I had. I suppose they'd be even worse if the person was moving at speed. :?

I'm not being nasty, or negative for the sake of it, I promise; it's just my own experiences have made me really concerned about this as an idea, as amazing as it may sound. :?

Please please PLEASE don't take this the wrong way - I'd never want to hurt anyone's feelings or spoil their fun in what is clearly one of the nicest possible experiences you can share with your buns, but...

..I'd be really careful about running anywhere near a bun. They're so unpredictable, and we're so unsteady when running (specially if you're doddery on your feet like me). There's real potential for tragedy here. Once or twice I've nearly fallen over onto a bun just by tripping up when walking, and it's really scared me to think of what the consequences could have been if I had. I suppose they'd be even worse if the person was moving at speed. :?

I'm not being nasty, or negative for the sake of it, I promise; it's just my own experiences have made me really concerned about this as an idea, as amazing as it may sound. :?

You're right, people should definatly be aware of the risks :wave:
I can assure you that I am VERY careful when I do it with my buns. Charlotte does it on the sofa and I do it next to her but on the floor. I always let them run infront of me so I can see them aswell, and of course dont run very fast atall, its more skipping around really :oops::lol:

I can't even walk normally around my bunnies, let alone jump around. I'd just and kill them or injure them for sure. I won't be doing that again any time soon. That said, I do run around with Butterfly very carefully when I'm sure he is behind me and can see him at all times.

You're right, people should definatly be aware of the risks :wave:
I can assure you that I am VERY careful when I do it with my buns. Charlotte does it on the sofa and I do it next to her but on the floor. I always let them run infront of me so I can see them aswell, and of course dont run very fast atall, its more skipping around really :oops::lol:

That's good! :wave: I think you always have to think "What if rabbit suddenly did X?" Or " What if I fell and did Y?"

Just thought it was worth flagging up, and I'm so glad you took it in the spirit in which it was intended! :D

Noserubs to Miss Charlotte - she sounds like a character! :wave:

I got a bit carried away one time, and decided to binky with a young Sharik, but being an absent-minded sort of guy, I ended up falling over an armchair, and landing about 10 cm. away from her, so no more binkying for me, sadly :roll:

That's good! :wave: I think you always have to think "What if rabbit suddenly did X?" Or " What if I fell and did Y?"

Just thought it was worth flagging up, and I'm so glad you took it in the spirit in which it was intended! :D

Noserubs to Miss Charlotte - she sounds like a character! :wave:

I had thought about it and always take mega care with my buns, but I will now be even more careful so thanks for that :)

And yes, Charlotte is a character alright the little madame! :love:

I had thought about it and always take mega care with my buns, but I will now be even more careful so thanks for that :)

No prob! :wave:

And yes, Charlotte is a character alright the little madame! :love:

Aw, they're always the ones who endear themselves to us most :D

:lol: glad to hear im not alone mabel looks at me funny when i do a run around :lol: its more of chase me though or follow me, i walk fast with a carrot and they come for it

Nutmeg normally starts as I come up the stairs and I just do a little bit of (low!) jumping while they binky on the fleece. It's always the same pattern as they know their pellets (magically!) appear on the fleece so no fear of treading on those. The lops on the other hand like to zoom around my feet so I do a shuffle in their room.

Back